Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
You are NOT going to believe this, but the 2nd chick to hatch, unbeknownst to me who has been checking them every half hour to hour, is another OdoBan chick! My gosh these two didn't fart around. They pip and get their butts right out.

24-O: @2ndTink Ember

Ironically, it looks like an Ember too. I think it must be a partridge from Tribe 1, the older ones. Not sure yet but it's dark with brown markings.

View attachment 3734362
I think I might have to try using OdoBan on my eggs next time 🤔

Most places sold out for 2024 season. One place has them that I will not bash nor will I recommend. I was sad that they were not listed this year by Murray McMurray. I wanted 25 from them. I have several Breese roosters and only 4 hens I think. Maybe 5. I'm not going to purse breeding them with the genetic problems they seem to have. Silkies, Saipans, and Cream Legbars will keep me in trouble enough.
You should add some naked necks. I'd love to see a saipan/ nn cross!

Good Night Dino GIF by DINOSALLY
until tomorrow!

I think I might have to try using OdoBan on my eggs next time 🤔
I'm going to do an article to document the whole thing on a few pages as a lot of info others added or good discussions, etc. is in these 63 pages, but the basic "how to" is on page 1.

I love naked necks, I need to get me some, maybe some Showgirls!
Someone's gotta love 'em. :gig

Michael and I said no way when we hatched the first one. That one's name is Gandolf now and lives with 4 siblings with a very nice lady somewhere in Wisconsin.

Back
Top Bottom