Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Yes, those two eggs that had no pip at all came out before the ones that were zipped. One of those zipped was stuck so that was what took so long.

I can't see the NN in the group photo (posting momentarily). I'll have to take a shot of that one separately.
Yes, I'm keeping all of these ones, except the showgirl. :oops:

I'll sell that one, and all but two of the odoban experiment ones, so 5 are leaving, 10 are staying. :yesss:
You know, @ElfenLied89 loves showgirls!

:lau

A huge thank you to everyone who participated in my first-ever hatch-along and experiment. :hugs

It was a lot of fun and you all helped make it that way! ❤️

In a few days, I'll take a new picture of the ones I'm keeping as they'll be so much prettier then.

Happy Thank U GIF by FOMO Duck

Here are the 8 shipped chicks and separate of the showgirl/naked neck cuckoo.

Hard to tell there's 8 here but it's
4 cuckoos
1 paint
3 buff

Have I mentioned how adorable they are? ❤️

View attachment 3735642
Wow, that paint has so many spots! I'm excited to see it grow up! A lot of the chick photos I've see of paints only have a few spots 😃 Chonkers only had a couple too, he developed a comple more but not many.

What a cute chickie group!!!!!!

A huge thank you to everyone who participated in my first-ever hatch-along and experiment. :hugs

It was a lot of fun and you all helped make it that way! ❤️

In a few days, I'll take a new picture of the ones I'm keeping as they'll be so much prettier then.

Happy Thank U GIF by FOMO Duck
I'm looking forward to the updated photos! This was a fun hatch-a-long and I am so thankful for your Odoban experiment, and so super excited for your Buffs!

Give them all little chickie hugs for me, and two each for Ember and Maple 💖

You are NOT going to believe this, but the 2nd chick to hatch, unbeknownst to me who has been checking them every half hour to hour, is another OdoBan chick! My gosh these two didn't fart around. They pip and get their butts right out.

24-O: @2ndTink Ember

Ironically, it looks like an Ember too. I think it must be a partridge from Tribe 1, the older ones. Not sure yet but it's dark with brown markings.

View attachment 3734362
Aww. My little goddaughter/son. (Stepchild?)

@2ndTink @Debbie292d
What's it called when you pick an egg to cheer for that someone else said to cheer on too? Am I a godmother? Stepmother? Random person on the street? 🤣 Wait. Does this mean I owe chick support as well as the original egg picker?

Finally, the last five in the NR360 (shipped eggs) finished hatching! They're still in the incubator so I'll get all eight of them together tomorrow and take a group shot.

I'm so happy with what I got even though it was sure a poor hatch rate. Shipped eggs are always a risk, but especially in the winter. Still, these are beautiful chicks, from what I can tell so far. ☺️ :celebrate

3B: @The Chick Addict Sugar Plum/Damien
9B: @Chive Chestnut
14C: @Somewhere_In_The_Clouds Penn (last one to hatch and needed a little help)
16C: @Cloverr39 Lily/Lupin
18C: @ForFlocksSake

This wound up being in total:
3 Buffs
1 Paint
4 Cuckoos
Awwwwww, I'm so proud of little Sugar Plum and the rest of the babies!!! Can't wait to see them in their group picture!!! :love🥰
fun hello GIF by Molang

Aww. My little goddaughter/son. (Stepchild?)

@2ndTink @Debbie292d
What's it called when you pick an egg to cheer for that someone else said to cheer on too? Am I a godmother? Stepmother? Random person on the street? 🤣 Wait. Does this mean I owe chick support as well as the original egg picker?
I think godmother is fitting 🤣

Back
Top Bottom