Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
I need a gallon of Odoban instead of the Lysol I have to disinfect my brooder box with now. It's all shoveled out and the box is using a vacuum to get fine dust out with now. Then my turn to soak in Lysol and then put a shallow layer of shavings in and turn the kids loose for a photo op. I think 32 sq' is enough space for 11 babies that they can get along until I can get heat to the other end with a divider in the middle. The five silkies do like to bunch up tight for comfort.

I need a gallon of Odoban instead of the Lysol I have to disinfect my brooder box with now. It's all shoveled out and the box is using a vacuum to get fine dust out with now. Then my turn to soak in Lysol and then put a shallow layer of shavings in and turn the kids loose for a photo op. I think 32 sq' is enough space for 11 babies that they can get along until I can get heat to the other end with a divider in the middle. The five silkies do like to bunch up tight for comfort.
32 sq feet for 11 chicks? You could hang a disco ball in the middle and play disco music. :D

Dance Dancing GIF by Canticos World

It's hard, isn't it? My God, I've got new chicks in the brooder and already missing more coming. Crazy! It has to wait a few weeks. I'll try hard to fight the urges lol.
I conveniently have two broodies right now and simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to see if the silkie/showgirl eggs are fertile 🤭 Over half of them are ;)

I conveniently have two broodies right now and simply couldn't pass up the opportunity to see if the silkie/showgirl eggs are fertile 🤭 Over half of them are ;)

Oh broodies, what a blessing they are. The things in this world that I like more than a broody can be counted on half a hand...if one couldn't tell by my signature

Oh broodies, what a blessing they are. The things in this world that I like more than a broody can be counted on half a hand...if one couldn't tell by my signature
I love broodies too, it's so much easier! So I'm taking as many of the broody opportunities I can that come up!

I love broodies too, it's so much easier! So I'm taking as many of the broody opportunities I can that come up!

Absolutely! I feel like it's more magical (and obviously more natural), and the bond between mom and chick(s) is amazing to witness. I'm so grateful I got to witness it

Back
Top Bottom