Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
What a pretty chick Debbie! ❤ Well they all are, but the one in the middle of the last photo is gorgeous!
Awe, thank you. I should have taken a group photo of all 10 of them but I was after that one. I'll catch 'em all later though but trying to hang on for @LTAY1946. ☺️

Problems with computers here today still. I do see feathers coming in on the wings of some of them now and hopefully can get some sunlight coming in on them tomorrow morning. That will look better than flash. I can turn the red light off long enough to get some decent photos I hope. Some show no new feathers and some a lot. It seems as if today has been almost a total waste to get anything done that I needed to. Hang with me and don't give up.

I don't even know what a frizzle is. Is that one of those that always have a bad feather day?
Exactly.
20230723_161051.jpg

Mr. Maxwell Biggs (red frizzle cochin) & Mr. Biggs junior (mixed color frizzle cochin)

I don't even know what a frizzle is. Is that one of those that always have a bad feather day?
That's awesome you got one!!

This was one I had a few years ago. I gave him away as I was getting too many of them. You do not want to breed two of them or you end up with frazzles that are born with heart problems and don't live very long. I have one black hen now is all.

They are more susceptible to cold because their skin is exposed to it due to the feather pattern. Other than that, they look so cool walking around the yard. ☺️

rooster frizzle.png

Thank you. I have 2 males and 2 females. All offsprings of Mr. Biggs. Not planning to hatch any chicks, so I let them all run together. Micky (Dolenz) is my favorite. He has a big personality to go with his big "hair".
Mr. Biggs Jr. is going to be a beautiful chicken! I just love its coloring!

Back
Top Bottom