Storm Update From The Keys..(pics)

holliewould

Songster
11 Years
May 15, 2008
Planet Earth
I'm bored and home all day because of the storm. So I figure I would take pics and just keep you all in S. Fla updated. This is what i got so far.
CIMG1278.JPG

Just showing you the sky and the trees. Hardly any wind or rain yet.

CIMG1279.JPG

See my finger? That's the island I'm on.

Right now it's nice and cool out. We've had a couple of feeder bands so far, but nothing too serious.

I'll be praying that everything goes well for you and there is minimum damage from this storm. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Islamorada? Marathon?

My idea of paradise is Big Pine. I went down after Wilma to help a friend clean up...I was impressed because we always think the Keys are so laid back, but I've never seen people working harder TOGETHER to regroup and take care of each other. There was a neighborhood "lost and found" pile at the end of one of the canals.
hugs.gif
:)

So even though the rotting vegetation was stinky, that week is one of my best memories. Plus I got really proficient with my chainsaw.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
I loooove Big Pine. I'm in Long Key area
smile.png
Yea the rotting vegetation smell...I know what ya mean. And mangroves in stagnant water gag me . Wilma was a mess. She busted up the windshield of my truck. Are you in S. Fla FloridaChickenChick?

Thanks Chirpy and Warren. Anyway right now it's just a little rainy and windy. Feels good. I got all the windows open. Hubby on fire dept. they just locked them down. Also no heli service either. When the wind starts to really blow I'll walk to the highway and take some pics.
smile.png
Still a lot of traffic on the highway. Unbelievable. Lots of places open too.

I'm in Central Florida. Hope you get through the night safely, and when your hubby gets home give him a big hug from ALL of us who appreciate the folks who have to be out in this mess to keep the rest of us safe.

I love the feeling in the air BEFORE a good storm blows through. The humidity in the days following a hurricane is gross, but just because there's no a/c to escape into.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
fl.gif
Best of luck - hope it doesn't get too bad down there. We are next to Tallahassee so I think all we'll end up with is a bunch of rain.

Hi holliewould -

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and girls. I was in your boat a couple of weeks ago with Eduardo with a direct hit on Galveston, TX.

Hopefully Fay will stay a Tropical Storm (like ours) and not turn into H1.
fl.gif
Being on the islands is defintantly (sp?) scarier than being 50-100 miles inland with one barring down on you.

Lots of luck and let us know how you manage afterwards.

thumbsup.gif

How did you guys fair with Fay?

According to the weather this morning, it is going hook along the gulf coast heading for Lousiania and Texas... I hope it stays on land and does not back in the gulf!

Back
Top Bottom