Suede, Isaac, Rex & Their Women (PIC Heavy)

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Most are over the molt now so took some pics today.

Suede, who is about to turn 5 yrs old, and his girls- Dusty, Meg, Hope, Grace and as of today, Nugget (whose young son went to a new home this morning)

DSCN4175.jpg

DSCN4180.jpg

DSCN4179.jpg

DSCN4184.jpg

DSCN4177.jpg

DSCN4182.jpg

Rex and his girls-Ida, Wynette, Dottie, Gloria Jean and Maretta, who are 35 weeks old:

DSCN4189.jpg

DSCN4190.jpg

DSCN4188.jpg

DSCN4186.jpg

Isaac and his various women. He's almost 3 years old and has 19 of various breeds and ages, so not all are pictured.

First pic is of Riley and Gypsy (that's Fern under the roost). Both have the same blue Ameraucana mother, my late Charlotte. Riley's sire was my BR, Dutch, also deceased recently. Gypsy is over 4 years old now. Finally, she is fully feathered and looks wonderful-she is usually semi-bald from molting.

DSCN4191.jpg

DSCN4194.jpg

DSCN4195.jpg

DSCN4197.jpg

DSCN4199.jpg

Here is one of the Porcelain D'Anver cockerels, Aubrey. He wouldn't pose for me today.

DSCN4185.jpg

Quote:
LOL, I agree! Love Sam Elliott, especially his distinctive voice. Suede has the best crow here, too, coincidentally.

Zane is still here, Robin. He has a special cage inside Suede's coop. It was too damp/cool for him to be outside on the ground today. Zane turned 4 years old last month.

Gosh, Laura, I think I have 44. I'll have to do an exact count, though. Eight of those are bantams.

Hiya, Ed! Meg just began laying again after about a six month hiatus and a bout with pneumonia. Thought we'd lose her, but she has really perked up and is laying down the law in that group today. She is very much the alpha hen in Suede's harem, being his own age and the elder woman in there.

Back
Top Bottom