Surprise, Surprise! 49 Chicks and 3 Ducks Arrived Friday!

I have 18 eggs in my home made incubator right now. Depending on how the hatch goes, I may have to order the surprise!

Well, hatching chicks yourself would be cheaper, and more satisfying. But only if they actually hatch.
smile.png

What state are you in? I suppose the hatchery can ship anywhere in the United States, but shipping may take a little longer to some areas. I was starting to worry. But the chicks were shipped Wednesday and arrived This morning (Friday).

Indiana. I would think it should not be much further than Texas, but you never know about USPS. I have never ordered chicks thru the mail before. Only hatched them myself or bought locally. Congrats on the new chicks and don't for get to post pics!

The chicks were sent to my father in Arkansas, so he wasn't too far from the hatchery. I think if I ordered in Texas I might order from Ideal, because it is closer.

Yes, I think with this surprise people are surprised when they open the box, and they continue to be surprised as they try to determine breed and sex. I think it will be about a month before my father has that figured out.
smile.png

Yay for getting them on Friday and super yay for chickens and ducks!!!!
celebrate.gif

I am glad they arrived this morning. I was starting to worry about them. But my father said they seem healthy and full of energy.

When I placed the order, I wrote a note asking if they could include a few Australorp pullets, because my father was interested in them and had never had this breed before. My father said he thinks some of the black ones are Australorps. So, maybe he received exactly what he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom