The 12 Days of BYC

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
The whole point of this thread is to spread kindness and Christmas cheer, and I am hoping to find some amazing members to help me do this. There is no prize except the joy that comes from serving others. I hope everybody enjoys doing this as much as I do!

Dec 13, day 1. Think of ten things you are thankful for and share them with somebody either on social media, in person, or even to your poultry.

Dec 14, day 2. Be positive to everyone you see or message today. Be as kind and generous to everyone you meet.

Dec 15, day 3. Spend some quality time with your poultry. Try to do at least 10 extra minutes.

Dec 16, day 4. Give a positive review to a BYC article. Give it at least 4 stars, but aim for 5.

Dec 17, day 5. Think of a BYC member you don't know much about and ask them a question about their flock. Most people's favorite subject to talk about is themselves, except chicken owners, who like to talk about their chickens. Make someone's day by letting them ramble on about their favorite chicken, their breeds, and funny habits their chickens have.

Dec 18, day 6. The next time somebody messages you today, tell them something you appreciate about them. If nobody messages you than message somebody yourself.

Dec 19, day 7. Contact a BYC member you admire and tell them why you admire them.

Dec 20, day 8. Welcome a new BYC member. Reply to their "New Member Introduction" or post a comment on their profile page.

Dec 21, day 9. Perform an act of service to a friend, neighbor, or family member. No service is too small.

Dec 22, day 10. Share a positive quote with someone who is going through something hard or someone who just deserves it.

Dec 23, day 11. Contact a Staff Member and tell them how much you appreciate them. They work hard on this website and deserve some credit.

Dec 24, day 12. Prepare a Christmas gift for your poultry. Some ideas are a new sign to put in the coop, a special treat, promise them you'll paint the coop in spring or simply spend extra time with them.

Dec 25, Merry Christmas everybody, and have a great day!

If you are unable to complete some of these then I suggest that you do an act of service instead.

I hope that everybody will continue to serve others and spread kindness even after Christmas and make a habit of always being positive. Enjoy!

@007Sean Beautiful carols. And my thought on the 12 Days video,,,, YUM YUM YUM on these Tacos, fries with GRRRRRAVI and 2 cups of JOE. On the Eight day,,, well I do have one Braid of Sweet Grass, and some Prayer Bundles. They are kept in a Special Case with my Special Flute. I will need to pull it out then,, and play some tunes in solitude.

Not to loose focus on this Thread to Show Christmas Cheer...
I have experience 3 acts of kindness since last Friday. 2 of them are somewhat private in nature, but the 3rd is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YES,, A NEIGHBOR GIFTED ME A JAPANESE BANTAM CHICKEN:thumbsup
I did return something of favor to show my thanks, and gratitude:love

Back
Top Bottom