Pics
Yes, most adult roosters will and can fight. The difference in GENERAL is the technique. A few exceptions are always very real, we are working with animals after all. But gamefowl not only will have the urge to fight literally from birth, which no other breed has, but also their kicks and pecks are very much more calculated, planned, and deadly than any other chicken. I've seen my huge landrace male fight, what he does is basically hop and straighten his legs outward, literally, no other movement. While my ~4 month old aseel would have killed that hen, if all his kicks would have landed where he intended, and not on her back, because while he was grabbing on to her neck and kicking, she was panicking and running top speed trying to get away, but he didn't budge. He kept grabbing on, and kicking, until I separated them. Lastly, their whole build aids them to get the job done. Strong legs to kick the opponent, steel like beak for pecking, strong feathers for protection, small comb and wattles for no unnecessary injuries, and a low set tail so there's no resistance when they run at top speed
Very calculated they were. Several times the Silkie had the Sumatra pinned on his back, pecking the heck out of him, when the Sumatra got up, the Silkie would grab him by the back of his head, & start kicking him in the head. The Sumatra would flog at my silkie just to get kicked backwards, & pinned again.

It all actually shocked me, that this happened.

OK yall, here is the long awaited update. Or at least for me😌. So yesterday my aseel rooster got introduced to a hen! The introduction is going well, both seem to like each other. I will continue to monitor them but everything seems to be going great. Anyways, here is the pair, I've intentionally selected one of my larger hens so that she won't get squashed by the rooster. Also side note, you might have noticed he's still unnamed, and since he's an important rooster I'd like to change that, so name suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. And yes, @miss heny , this is one of my landrace hens ;)

Attachments

• 20230211_144613.jpg
    20230211_144613.jpg
    934.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230211_144603.jpg
    20230211_144603.jpg
    999.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230211_144114.jpg
    20230211_144114.jpg
    861.5 KB · Views: 11
OK yall, here is the long awaited update. Or at least for me😌. So yesterday my aseel rooster got introduced to a hen! The introduction is going well, both seem to like each other. I will continue to monitor them but everything seems to be going great. Anyways, here is the pair, I've intentionally selected one of my larger hens so that she won't get squashed by the rooster. Also side note, you might have noticed he's still unnamed, and since he's an important rooster I'd like to change that, so name suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. And yes, @miss heny , this is one of my landrace hens ;)
You can call him Big Red.

You can call him Big Red.

Ohhhh that's nice! The funny thing is he was a black chick, but now as an adult he's grown in all this red, as they usually do. But calling him Big Black just sounds wrong. Huh I'm repeating the name in my head as I'm writing this, and Big Red fits him very well, I'm really liking it! Also love the new profile picture, Long looks great!

Hi 👋 I’m looking for some guidance on some asil or crosses I have. They came to me through some interesting circumstances and I’d love a more trained eye to tell me if you’re seeing asil, a particular line (I am in the US), or not asil at all. The boys are 10 weeks and the pullet is 7 months.

Attachments

• 483F9CC1-D40D-4A91-9F93-2185741C1FA7.jpeg
    483F9CC1-D40D-4A91-9F93-2185741C1FA7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
  • 9E65BD64-556F-4CD3-A638-5B59EE6D2D52.jpeg
    9E65BD64-556F-4CD3-A638-5B59EE6D2D52.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 10
Hi 👋 I’m looking for some guidance on some asil or crosses I have. They came to me through some interesting circumstances and I’d love a more trained eye to tell me if you’re seeing asil, a particular line (I am in the US), or not asil at all. The boys are 10 weeks and the pullet is 7 months.

Pretty birds! They definitely have aseel blood in them, it's also very possible they're full blood, I'm not in the US so there's definitely a line difference, what I will say is to keep an eye on how your cockerels eye is developing, usually aseel have a lighter colored eye, but that comes with age

For now they're definitely looking really good! As for the hen, she will start asking for a rooster soon, so keep an eye on that as well!

Back
Top Bottom