The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

How long does it take your English orps to molt and return to laying?
Thanks
I have found that the weather conditions really impact on the way birds moult. At the moment it is raining and always overcast here but it is not cold as of yet so all of mine are taking an age to moult. When the weather is still pretty warm they moult quicker presumably because there is more grabs and insects about to eat. When the weather suddenly gets cold I have found they all suddenly grow back their feathers in a couple of days to help with the cold. I always give my birds peas, baked beans, meal worms and sardines in oil to give them a protein boost while moulting.

I have found that the weather conditions really impact on the way birds moult. At the moment it is raining and always overcast here but it is not cold as of yet so all of mine are taking an age to moult. When the weather is still pretty warm they moult quicker presumably because there is more grabs and insects about to eat. When the weather suddenly gets cold I have found they all suddenly grow back their feathers in a couple of days to help with the cold. I always give my birds peas, baked beans, meal worms and sardines in oil to give them a protein boost while moulting.
Thanks for the tips. That makes sense. I've been giving scrambled eggs for some extra protein.

Back
Top Bottom