The joy of raising quail chicks. Can you help me find my missing chick?

Azavatone

Chirping
Oct 8, 2023
Namibia, Texas
Reminds me of when I was opening one feeder to refill and saw a 2 day old chick looking up at me with a surprised look on his face. Silly little things.

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-08 at 12.28.06 PM.jpeg
Quail

Haha same! I let my chick out and he jumped right back in again
Reminds me of when I was opening one feeder to refill and saw a 2 day old chick looking up at me with a surprised look on his face. Silly little things.

View attachment 3655209Quail
I always thought mine would do that so while they are tiny until about 2 weeks old where they are larger I use those Chinese takeout container lids. For both food and water the water stays low enough to where they can’t drown but can drink.

I always thought mine would do that so while they are tiny until about 2 weeks old where they are larger I use those Chinese takeout container lids. For both food and water the water stays low enough to where they can’t drown but can drink.
I swapped the mason jar for a tiny one and they can't crawl in anymore. For week old chicks I just put the food on paper towels

Haha same! I let my chick out and he jumped right back in again
LOL they are very good at getting into trouble.

For the first week or so, I usually just put the feed on a puppy pad that I have cut up into smaller squares, sort of like a piece of paper towel, but it's stiffer. That way when it becomes a mess, I can just roll it up and dispose of it.

Back
Top Bottom