Fellow Duck Lovers:

This is my initial sketch for the duck house I'd like to build. It would sit in the chicken run for now, but I may end up expanding the chicken run to give the ducks their own separate area later on. Food and water would be outside of the coop, so it would basically just be for night time shelter/egg laying. Thoughts?

View attachment 2024648
More ventilation is needed. Having a big door like that is good because ducks poop on the walls too and you’ll eventually want to be able to clean them especially if you aren't going to be able to walk inside.

looks good, made brownies over the week end. used a duck egg . do you use vegetable oil or something else veg. oil I cant stand to use so I used sesame oil . oh had brownies for breakfast.
I don't use veg oil either. My favorite is coconut oil, but I also use olive, sesame, and ghee.

looks good, made brownies over the week end. used a duck egg . do you use vegetable oil or something else veg. oil I cant stand to use so I used sesame oil . oh had brownies for breakfast.
I used butter! Actually it was ghee.

Last edited:
I just used vegetable oil but I would love to try olive oil or coconut oil in it sometime but I’m paranoid I’m gonna mess it up 😂😂🙈 wnd I used my chickens eggs. I bet duck eggs would be good.
There's nothing to mess up. :hugs
You just change the oil at the same recommended volume. I love coconut oil, but it does add a bit of flavor to it, slight sweetness. Most dishes it doesn't stick out, but for something like a pan seared steak I use olive oil.

I ate a chicken egg the other day, on accent! Those duck eggs have me spoiled. :gig

And @Trimurtisan maybe you could find a rescue Dobie? That would be a good compromise... you’d get the dobie but it’d be cheaper. And you’d be saving one. :D
I normally prefer shelter dogs, but I'm not exactly looking for a dog. I just happen to see the Catahoula ad and liked what I saw.

I flip through the CL ads daily and just browse them, but this dog was actually listed on mewe. After speaking with the owner, I've got a pretty good feeling where she is coming from. Still not decided yet but leaning towards very likely.

Back
Top Bottom