They could be mixed the bills remind me of Runners. You can get mixed colors from mixing colors I just had 2 duckling hatch that have Fawn and white mamas and blk daddy’s pure Runners it will be interesting to see what these will turn out to look like.
That’s a good point! I bet they’re probably mixed! Although I don’t think Runners have that crest? Would that show up from mixing or is it recessive or?

The white one looks bigger in pictures for whatever reason but he/she is the same size. The crest concerned me too, I wasn't expecting it in a runner duckling, but it's now my son's favorite duck.

I've seen blue and black swedish ducklings in the feed stores and the coloring definitely looks like that, but I don't know enough about duck genetics to narrow anything down. I'm not sure if the guy I got the eggs from had anything else. I even tried to search his username just to see if I could find a social media profile or email I could use to contact him. So far no luck.

The white one looks bigger in pictures for whatever reason but he/she is the same size. The crest concerned me too, I wasn't expecting it in a runner duckling, but it's now my son's favorite duck.

I've seen blue and black swedish ducklings in the feed stores and the coloring definitely looks like that, but I don't know enough about duck genetics to narrow anything down. I'm not sure if the guy I got the eggs from had anything else. I even tried to search his username just to see if I could find a social media profile or email I could use to contact him. So far no luck.
I’m sure they’ll be good ducks either way!!! And I hope you can reach him. :fl

Back
Top Bottom