Good Night, Morning, Day, Afternoon or Evening to everybody on the beautiful blue marble planet! 🌏

Looong work day today, with a difficult customer… 50-Best-Funny-Minion-Quotes-4315-5.jpg

And then Violeta Duck scared the carp out of me:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...disclaimer-the-story-has-a-happy-end.1459517/

Open the door to the duck pen, throw drake in, close the door, enjoy the show!

Seriously: Introducing a drake to a female only flock of ducks is usually a piece of cake. And a mixed-breed drake very likely has the hybrid-vigor and is larger and stronger that clean-breed ducks.
So it’s that simple really? I have read quite a bit about duck hierarchy and it’s not supposed to be quite as rigid as chickens. I’ve also read that adding new members isn’t as brutal. Anyway, wish me luck!

Good morning folks :frow Good evening Wunda & Kiwi :frow

Welcome to the weekend everyone! Off to a monthly auction tomorrow. Selling ducks and interested to see the guinea fowl chicks in the flesh because the picture used online makes them look like chickens. Combs and all
:frow Wunda hope you've had a great day, enjoy the auction.
Sounds like a fun time, good luck with it!
:frow Good morning 3x, have a great day
So it’s that simple really? I have read quite a bit about duck hierarchy and it’s not supposed to be quite as rigid as chickens. I’ve also read that adding new members isn’t as brutal. Anyway, wish me luck!
:frow Good morning IM, have a great day... Best of luck with the integration.
:frow Good morning Ralphie, have a great day and Thank You.

Welcome to the weekend everyone! Off to a monthly auction tomorrow. Selling ducks and interested to see the guinea fowl chicks in the flesh because the picture used online makes them look like chickens. Combs and all
Guineas?!! - Important is that you listen to them first and decide if that is what you want to hear around your house every day 24x7!

Guineas are loud!!! And they are loud 24x7x365ÂĽ!!!

One of the neighbors here in the valley - fortunately one of the more distant neighbors has a hen, by the name of "Mary" - »Machinegun Mary« - When she (the guinea!) becomes upset with something really serious, like a bee flying close by, she sounds like a high-pitch machinegun. And she is loud! Really, really, really, loud !

I have thought about some Guineas, the are being offered here in every farm-store, and they look, at least, interesting. - Some say beautiful, but it must be the kind of beautiful only a mother can love...

They might be good to scare your dog, cat and children. Her (the neighbors!) cat hasn't left the house during daytime since the guineas have grown up. - Cat tried to pounce guinea, guinea flies up, land on cat's back and rides cat all the way to the cat-door, while pecking mercilessly on cat's head. Cat need a vet and stitches and is happy to have both eyes still.
Her kids wait at the door until the school bus comes to a full stop and the door is open, then run as if the devil is after them. - I wonder if guineas are the reason why he (the devil) became so evil?
And don't ask about her (the neighbors) chickens. - They are being ruled by a foreign force now…
In one sentence: The 15 Guineas she has have taken over the kingdom and rule with a regime of terror.

But you have deadly snakes in Australia. Which may prevent you from suffering a similatr fate…

Yes, ducks have a hierarchy too, but it is not so serious under the females. Yes, there is one hen that insist to have the first dip in the pool, but she will not make a big tantrum when the others break that "rule". It is different when they are broody, however.
And it is different between drakes, they have a strict hierarchy and they sometimes fight until the feathers fly.
But you have no drake in your flock, so the girls will greet the new member of the flock and will soon flatten out for him.

Back
Top Bottom