Well, today was eventful.

Started off by getting a new phone. The old one was on its last legs. There was a special - a new line would get a free Galaxy S20, so I switched numbers. Had the old one for 15 years, so it was a little hard to let it go.

Swung by Petco to get waxworms for my bearded dragon, and left with a gerbil. I used to keep them - had them as a kid, then actually had a breeding pair about seven years ago. I kept them and their male offspring from their first litter until they passed. So I just happened to peak in at the rodents, because I like to look, and it said they had a male up for adoption.

I asked, and they said he came from a family dropping off him and his mate - they had been told they were both females. And then whoops, babies! So they pulled him from his family (not what you should do with gerbils) and had him living all on his own, sigh.

Anyway, he came home with me. I'm going to see if I can get one of his sons once they are weaned. Either way, he needs a friend and will be getting one.

Got him settled in and then went to give my beardie her waxworms - they're her favorite, but they're fatty (equivalent of reptile candy) so she doesn't get them often. This was going to be a treat for her.

I found her passed away in her cage. Looks like she fell asleep under her log and just didn't wake up. She's ten, so it was just her time. She went peacefully in her sleep, under her log, on the bed I made for her. It was a peaceful way to go. I'll be burying her tomorrow.

Good morning / evening folks :frow

Well, today was eventful.

Started off by getting a new phone. The old one was on its last legs. There was a special - a new line would get a free Galaxy S20, so I switched numbers. Had the old one for 15 years, so it was a little hard to let it go.

Swung by Petco to get waxworms for my bearded dragon, and left with a gerbil. I used to keep them - had them as a kid, then actually had a breeding pair about seven years ago. I kept them and their male offspring from their first litter until they passed. So I just happened to peak in at the rodents, because I like to look, and it said they had a male up for adoption.

I asked, and they said he came from a family dropping off him and his mate - they had been told they were both females. And then whoops, babies! So they pulled him from his family (not what you should do with gerbils) and had him living all on his own, sigh.

Anyway, he came home with me. I'm going to see if I can get one of his sons once they are weaned. Either way, he needs a friend and will be getting one.

Got him settled in and then went to give my beardie her waxworms - they're her favorite, but they're fatty (equivalent of reptile candy) so she doesn't get them often. This was going to be a treat for her.

I found her passed away in her cage. Looks like she fell asleep under her log and just didn't wake up. She's ten, so it was just her time. She went peacefully in her sleep, under her log, on the bed I made for her. It was a peaceful way to go. I'll be burying her tomorrow.
:hugs So sorry Pyxis :hugs
I'm sorry about your breaded dragon @Pyxis

Good Morning/Evening
:frow Good morning Patti, have a great day

Back
Top Bottom