Today's adventure: putting up permanent fencing in the emu run to keep the juveniles separate from the adults. I had been using chain link dog kennel panels but I needed them back to use as a pheasant aviary, which was always their intended purpose when I bought them.

So I got that done and put the panels where they are going to live. Still need to put the roof on and whatnot, but progress. The pheasants are waiting patiently in my workshop for their outdoor digs to be done.

Then the post office calls, and my male Lady Amherst has arrived, yay! Needed a male from a different breeder to make sure he wasn't related to the girls.

Go, pick him up, get home, open box...two birds. Get birds out of box and into crate (get scratched in the face in the process). Look at birds. Well, they're not Amhersts, that's for sure.

Contact the seller, he apologizes, says he must have switched the labels on the boxes, and what I have here are a pair of Red Golden pheasants. Okay, that's that mystery solved. He promised to ship my male on Monday.

I asked if he needed me to ship these guys back, because I would if he sent the shipping money. He said he will if I want, but I can just keep them as an apology if I'd rather.

So, free pair of Red Goldens. Yay, I guess? This means building another aviary.

I know I keep saying spring has sprung here, but, now I have 3 broody bantams. Meanwhile the ducks are too busy stuffing their faces to lay.
My broody bantams finally gave up yesterday. I was beginning to think they were going to go on through winter. :rolleyes:

Today's adventure: putting up permanent fencing in the emu run to keep the juveniles separate from the adults. I had been using chain link dog kennel panels but I needed them back to use as a pheasant aviary, which was always their intended purpose when I bought them.

So I got that done and put the panels where they are going to live. Still need to put the roof on and whatnot, but progress. The pheasants are waiting patiently in my workshop for their outdoor digs to be done.

Then the post office calls, and my male Lady Amherst has arrived, yay! Needed a male from a different breeder to make sure he wasn't related to the girls.

Go, pick him up, get home, open box...two birds. Get birds out of box and into crate (get scratched in the face in the process). Look at birds. Well, they're not Amhersts, that's for sure.

Contact the seller, he apologizes, says he must have switched the labels on the boxes, and what I have here are a pair of Red Golden pheasants. Okay, that's that mystery solved. He promised to ship my male on Monday.

I asked if he needed me to ship these guys back, because I would if he sent the shipping money. He said he will if I want, but I can just keep them as an apology if I'd rather.

So, free pair of Red Goldens. Yay, I guess? This means building another aviary.
Can we see pictures?

Can we see pictures?

Not good ones, lol. These guys are wild. Here's the picture I sent the seller to show him something was up:

pheasants.jpg

Back
Top Bottom