I did. I got six blue eggs from @Texag87 . all six hatched. Dad is a blue runner. They were friendly until last week or so. They did the usual "we are feathering out and you are an axe murderer" even though they were in poop soup this morning (my fault) they are much less messy than the ducks I usually raise. And little Carole Ann is a hen! She quacked today. I gave two back but I may need more of those eggs. :wee
So Blue Runners lay blue eggs? - I have one duck laying blue-ish eggs, always thougth about collecting them and investing into an incubator to see what would hatch from those eggs and, if females, what kind of eggs they would lay… 🤔

So Blue Runners lay blue eggs? - I have one duck laying blue-ish eggs, always thougth about collecting them and investing into an incubator to see what would hatch from those eggs and, if females, what kind of eggs they would lay… 🤔
My last blue egg layer was a buff. I don't know these guys moms. Only the dad obviously the moms laid the blue eggs. This is the first time I've had runners. They poop straight down. No poop squirted on the walls, outside the brooder, on the dog, on my hands,etc.

Happy Sunday to Everybody!

Crazy day here yesterday! - The wind was howling while i was outside, cleaning the duck-house. At one point the wind was blowing straight through the house, sucking the dry straw out of the poop-door in the back like a vacuum.
After all off the poopy stuff was gone i sat down in the duck's house to take a short break when a tree on the neighboring property snapped and fell down with a loud bang. All of the sudden i was surrounded by scared ducks who seeked refuge in the safest spot they know. I guess they thought that i was scared too because a couple of them started to huddle with me.
I used the opportunity to also enhance the interior of the duck-house, pictures later, my internet connection is kinda slow at the moment…

That will be devastating for poultry owners here: Not everybody can afford a $200 vet-bill for a scratched eye that has become infected…
Exactly. If I can manage to get to the States before June (things keep getting pushed back...) I'll have to pick some stuff up. Doesn't look good at this point though.

Yes but ouch on the price. Try All Bird Products for a comparison. I don't remember paying this much.
I’ve never paid more than 15.00 but things are sure higher in price now hopefully you can find a better price than that @Summer

I did. I got six blue eggs from @Texag87 . all six hatched. Dad is a blue runner. They were friendly until last week or so. They did the usual "we are feathering out and you are an axe murderer" even though they were in poop soup this morning (my fault) they are much less messy than the ducks I usually raise. And little Carole Ann is a hen! She quacked today. I gave two back but I may need more of those eggs. :wee
I still do not know who lays the blue eggs. That flock is 2 Cayugas, two black runners, one blue runner , one brown runner, one F&W and the blue drake.

Back
Top Bottom