I got our glasses from the local Kroger store and we will be able to see it from where we are for about 3 full minutes so we are staying put. We even got the day off school so that the children don't look up while getting on our school buses as it would come around that time.
I would have expected the schools to schedule eclipse watch parties or something similar. This is a rare chance that the kiddos won't have for two decades. As a teacher - any teacher - i would have volunteered to stay longer and have a science session with my padawans.

That Rooster sounds louder than those Keets to me. The people that have those must not mind noise because the barnyard sounded pretty noisy all the way around, lol. About like my Duck Yard, lol.
I kind of like my neighbors (except the one that has her dogs not under control), so i pass on Guineas.

I don't have glasses yet, don't know if I'll get some. Might just lock myself inside the trailer and hope the aliens that come down when the sun is covered won't notice me. 🛸
Are you taking your dux with you or will they be exposed to that alien-DNA and turned into duxnsteins? :gig

I would have expected the schools to schedule eclipse watch parties or something similar. This is a rare chance that the kiddos won't have for two decades. As a teacher - any teacher - i would have volunteered to stay longer and have a science session with my padawans.
Great idea BUT!!!!! If just one child would decide to look up without the glasses, which it would be hard to monitor all of them at once, look at the liability. Our district would never expect one teacher to be able to watch over a class in such a situation that could cost someone their eyesight. Sounds maybe far fetched to some, I work with them every day, trust me, it could very easily happen. You always have those little dare devils.

Are you taking your dux with you or will they be exposed to that alien-DNA and turned into duxnsteins? :gig
I am NOT bringing 25+ ducks into my trailer! There's four in here already, three of which are not even mine (call ducks). My place needs leaning as it is, if I let them in, I'd have to burn it down after only ten minutes. :sick

Did you get shipped eggs or from someone local or your own? I pray that they hatch well for you. My Khaki girls are some of my friendliest in my group. I like them too.
I collected our own eggs since the ducks are behaving, laying and looking as they should and we have a drake from exhibition-class parents. For three days I set apart the cleanest eggs and they really are quite clean.

A friend asked me whether I can be sure that the drake has mated all the ducks... So I said well, from what I've seen, it seems likely that he mated all the ducks, all the neighbors' cats and a fox when it came around.

🤣 I paid $25 for the CCI, that is $1.79 per every surviving duxling. And my hatch rate was around 75% - right on par with dux-mommas.
For sure I can see how that's a better price and excellent price/performance. But since I have no experience I just consider the difference my tuition in the hatching school and I'm OK with that. When the incubator eventually gives up the ghost I will be a veteran duck parent and will probably be able to hatch them in a shoebox. Here's to that :)

Great idea BUT!!!!! If just one child would decide to look up without the glasses, which it would be hard to monitor all of them at once, look at the liability. Our district would never expect one teacher to be able to watch over a class in such a situation that could cost someone their eyesight. Sounds maybe far fetched to some, I work with them every day, trust me, it could very easily happen. You always have those little dare devils.
I know! Nobody is willing to take responsibilities today because the attorneys have become so - rich. Btw: Becoming blind by staring into the sun is way overrated. You won't permanently damage your eyes by just looking at the sun. You must be very pain-tolerant to actually damage your eyes by staring into the sun for more than 60 seconds - that's when damage to the retina becomes permanent.
Well, at least the little rascals have a day off and the opportunity to watch that spectacle.

Last edited:
I am NOT bringing 25+ ducks into my trailer! There's four in here already, three of which are not even mine (call ducks). My place needs leaning as it is, if I let them in, I'd have to burn it down after only ten minutes. :sick
But you will at least equip all of them with little aluminium-foil hats?
1711783509540.png

And some cool eye-protection:
1711783614683.png

Back
Top Bottom