It was late here and then the drought a lot of trees lost their leaves before they changed but we're still having a nice color. I am still waiting for our Bradford pear to turn and the beeches are always late. But worth the wait. I hope you do have some pretty color. Sure makes for a nice fall.

This may be a dumb question but since I have moved up here to Maryland from Texas I find that I tend to have seasonal affective disorder (sad) in the late fall and over the winter I am sure due to the lack of sunlight. I see so many others on here in even colder darker climates than me. Anybody else have this issue and what helps you? I just don't want anything that is just a fad and doesn't work. I have ordered Vitamin D already. I work from home btw.
I'm sorry to hear that Quackie. :hugs
My mom is affected by SAD. That's actually the main reason we moved here in '91. To bre honest, I'm not sure if I am, but I wouldn't be surprised if I was.

I do suffer from PTSD, clinical depression, and anxiety. On top of that I have insomnia which just compounds all of it. If you ever feel the need to talk to somebody, I always be available, publicly or privately . I might not know exactly what you're going through, but I probably got a pretty good idea how you feel.

Trim there's a food thread here called Show off your yum...there's some folks that would definitely enjoy more posts like this from you if you'd care to join us there :)
I see that thread pop up in the feds every now and again. Next time I fire up some food, I'll stop by and drop shine pictures. :D

Blackhead requires earthworms as in angle worms/night crawlers to survive. The worm is an intermediary host.

If you have sandy soil you should be ok.

I have had turkeys and chickens together for years here with no problem..

but as RJ says you never know for sure until you get it.
We don't see worms here often, to the point I actually buy them by the thousand for the garden. I haven't bought worms in over a year though.

I guess knowing it's a risk regardless of what I do makes it easier to be prepared for loss.

quackmama I have SAD too. I live in South West Ky. all it does is rain I think I was the happiest when I lived in FL. even when it rained the sun was out. I am original from NY. I was even temped to lie under the uvb light with my tortoise but I wouldn't recommend it lol.
Thanks for stopping in DD2F! I'm sorry to hear about your SADs too. Are you affected by the snow, or is it mainly just the lack of sunlight?

Back
Top Bottom