20200127_205735.jpg

Chris how long do you boil a duck egg for a nice runny centre like that? I suck at soft boiling. Its either too soft or solid as
I got the water to a rolling boil and then placed the eggs in the water for 4 minutes. When I took them out I put them in an ice bath for a couple of minutes. I have not been able to peel them, but I've been cutting right below the air cell and using a narrow spoon to scoop it out. The shell actually makes a great little dish.

Tonight's nom noms. Pasta tossed in butter and fresh squeezed lemon with a dal of garlic salt and drizzle of sriracha. Soft boiled duck eggs garnished with homegrown and dried oregano.
View attachment 2012748
I'm with the kids.
Eggs and spaghetti noodles? Blaacck.
Looks pretty though. 😋

I'm not a fan of eating boiled eggs just to eat them anyway. Unless they are deviled eggs.
Try making deviled duck eggs Trim. I'll bet you'd like it!
I bet I would too. Sounds pretty good. I'm not that great at boiled eggs in general. Any suggestions on getting them peelable? I did use pretty fresh eggs. Would older eggs be easier?

Last edited:
Labs are no better.. but retrievers and labs have such great personalities... I need to have them around....

If only they did not try to please people so much... we are convinced if a burglar showed up here and we were gone, they would show the burglars the gun safes, the combination and where I keep my best tools at..

:lau they totally would!! They would also gladly go home with a new family I’m sure. :lau

But I love retrievers!! They’re amazing. :love

I love all the sporting/gun dog type breeds. They’re all great dogs. But we’ve always had retrievers or retriever mixes. Mostly lab mixes but my parents had a Golden forever ago. Barely remember him but I’ve known several Goldens. All great dogs. :love

I had considered getting a herding breed like an Aussie or a BC for my next dog but I keep coming back to retrievers. :lau

Really think I would like a Golden.

But they shed sooooo much. I saw something once that said “fur is a non optional condiment in our house” and it’s so true. :lau

They absolutely would. Cosmo barks at everything/everyone from inside, but as soon as they come in the house or come up to him, he's a giant baby. One friendly glance and he's your best friend for life. My only hope is that a burglar hears his "vicious" bark from the outside and decides it's not worth it. If they decide to come in, might as well give them the keys to the house.

:lau

Back
Top Bottom