Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 9.41.10 AM.png

Yaaaay!! @Trimurtisan is alive!! We were getting worried! Glad it's nothing major...good dip in permethrin should take care of the buggies. That is one plus to having such cold spells...I can't imagine there are many creepy crawlies that survive it.

@Duck_life sending hugs :hugs 2 chickens in one week is heartbreaking no matter how it happens!! Aerial predators are the absolute worst!

I've been looking into the Auction my dad suggested and what they put the poor animals in is sad. They keep ducks/chickens/muscovies in boxes and very small cages, understandable, but not a lot of space to move.
View attachment 2007824View attachment 2007825View attachment 2007826
This is normal for auctions. It is for the safety of the birds and because you need the birds handy and close by at auctions.

I normally use cheap wire cages I make for the adults. I use card board boxes for chicks so they stay warm and avoid drafts..

Of course, I place as many dux as I can in plastic bags with twisties tying them shut!!:lau:lau:lau:lau

oh, also, Good Morning Dux Peeps!!

You need to wash your hair more using flea and tick shampoo.

Try a swig of Wazine Three times a day for a week to cure your worm issue. It’s gonna be gross, but you need to see if you have eggs or worms in your poop.
And above all else, do not prepare food for anyone else less you spread it to others.

It is because of things your worm issue I refuse to eat anything at potlucks. You never know how the food was prepared.
:lau That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. Which means the day is still young!:p

We sent a few roosters to auction with a friend they went in wire cages but they weren’t stuffed in there. But my gosh a few shows I went to those outside selling were absolutely disgusting how many of their birds stuffed into small cages with out food and water all day. I. Went to 2 shows and it was the same at both never could go back

This is normal for auctions. It is for the safety of the birds and because you need the birds handy and close by at auctions.

I normally use cheap wire cages I make for the adults. I use card board boxes for chicks so they stay warm and avoid drafts..

Of course, I place as many dux as I can in plastic bags with twisties tying them shut!!:lau:lau:lau:lau

oh, also, Good Morning Dux Peeps!!
Just hours of seeing new people, loud place, and with nowhere to hide or run is pretty sad. Also no food or water :th
Crates would be fine with water at least, in my opinion.

I’d rather process than put them through it again. But I do practice birth control here because I know how hard it can be to place drakes an roosters. And I can’t bring myself to eat one of my DUX! Or stuff them into. Plastic bag with a twist tie around the bag :smack

Back
Top Bottom