you know when I left yesterday the rest was crammed into a corner of the pen all girls around tommy the roo I thought it was strange but thought they wanted more peas. What is predator tape.
1579810107601.png
I make streamers and hang on the limbs of the trees it crackles when the wind hits it and the shiny is suppose to scare the flying preds away.

Holy moly, I just saw that picture of your breakfast and you put me to shame. I'm not the best cook. My husband makes fun of me and calls me the "one pot and a medium spoon" lady. If it requires more than that, it's probably too complex for me! My crock pot is my BFF.
Thanks for the compliments! I've got 11 years of professional cooking experience. I hope to never do it for money again, but absolutely love doing it on my own. I was very detail oriented, and wouldn't serve a plate if I wouldn't eat it myself. The presentation of a plate can completely ruin an experience. So I still serve plates like I'm on the clock, even my own. I'd like to say it's an old habit but it's more like a sustained compulsion. :confused:
When I thought my incubator was down, I went out and had a talk with the chickens. I told them that normally they aren't allowed to go broody, but if anyone wanted to, they'd receive a one time pass from me. Apparently the serama took that to heart.
That's to funny. I love it. Do you have a picture of your soon to be momma?

That's a beautiful garden plot! :D

Last edited:
Yum! Nice open sunny area. We have too many trees can’t get much to grow here. I will try hot peppers on my patio if I can keep my OEGB from eating on them. She likes to hang out In the back yard.
I've got a variety called Grandpa's Home Peppers. They grow well in 1 gallon pots, and produce an abundant amount of smaller red peppers. They are hot but nothing crazy like. Good flavor and heat. Want some?
Screenshot_20200123-155722_Google.jpg

I went home last night just about dark did a head count on chickens was minus 1 I looked around and found her body I think a hawk got her been see them flying over head . I just ordered 50 feet of netting . It is funny I never had a hawk problem when they free ranged . but they had a lot of cover this pen just has the building. I should get the netting tomorrow thank the lord for Amazon. lucky it was an old hen she wasn't laying any more . poor things are locked up today I cracked a window for them. I been wondering if I should free range them again. only reason they were locked up was I had a racoon problem this summer . they were hunting during the day . sometimes I think why am I doing this it is stress full ,.
That stinks. I'm story to hear about the old girl not making it. :(
I don't know how you feel about tapping and dispatching raccoons, but I could tell you about the traps I use if your interested. They are not catch and release traps though.
I hope the netting helps out. That streamer Patti posted looks like a pretty good deterrent too. I might look in to those myself.

Back
Top Bottom