That really sucks you can't get any help.
I'm sorry.
It's fine. I'm just going to leave some food out, I honestly don't want to attempt to "catch" him because I'm afraid he won't want to come back. He's been around for a while I'd hate for him to leave. I'm also hoping he leaves my pond of fish alone...

How are the sick ones today?
They are all doing pretty decent besides Ollie. I'm going to probably tube feed him today. He's not eating much at all. Only about 5 cherry tomatoes, Tbs of game feed, and Tbs of scrambled eggs yesterday. His drinking went down yesterday too. If he pulls through this he's going to be a house rooster. He's not really good at being a rooster at all but he's got such a great disposition that here quickly became special. Jonah and him interact very well together too. I want them to grow up together. I don't have a good feeling about him though. :hmm

Don't judge me by the color of my water!
I just hadn't changed it yet. Photo opportunities wait for nobody!
20200124_075330.jpg
20200124_075426.jpg

The duck in the middle is Gray Face. He's actually become one of the most attentive drakes. He stands there head held high while his girls forage. Actually runs Big Poppa off if he starts getting to pushy with the girls. He's not an aggressive breeder either.

Y'all remember Pip? That's Pretty in Pink for those who don't. He's also become a decent gentleman. Good at calling out warning calls, not aggressive with the other birds. I've not actually seen him mate yet, or with any special girls. He's more of a general flock look out.
20200124_075356.jpg

His bill is not really that pink anymore, but it's nowhere near as dark orange as the rest of the Anconas.

Such a beautiful Ancona Chris. and that little chick is adorable too. :love

I think tonight my 4 youngest Runners will have to go back into their own house. Peanut has become Mr I'll get you when they all go inside for the night. Last night was night #2 of him chasing down the girls inside. This is their chill out space the boys can mate during the day. And he only goes after the older Runners too. Stinker!

Back
Top Bottom