My mother in law has a poodle, my husband hates him, lol. Not really, but he dislikes poodles for whatever reason. I’ve never met a poodle with a temperament that I really loved. And I’m 100% biased but I just love golden retrievers. I’ve always wanted one and now that I have one, he totally completes me. (Yes I have a husband and a son but the dog trumps them both 😂 just kidding. Maybe. Probably not kidding.)

We fostered for the mid Florida golden rescue last year and was placed with the sweetest old soul. He was only 5 but he was just so wise and amazing. Reminded me of Shadow from Homeward Bound. We only had him for a few weeks but he taught our much younger golden so much, I’ll be forever grateful to Bailey dog! He was adopted by the sweetest retired lady and I still get updates and pictures from her!

And yeah, the golden cancer statistics terrify me. And hip dysplasia. No lie, Cosmo is the only member of our family that has insurance. 😂 It makes me feel better, but I know that sometimes there aren’t any options when it comes to cancer.

Get a golden anyway! Just stay away from backyard breeders. I see WAY too many that come into the rescue with debilitating health issues that could be totally avoided with decent breeding. And they’re surrendered solely because the families couldn’t afford medical treatment. It’s devastating.

Anyway, goodnight all! Cosmo is ready for bed.

View attachment 2012870

:lau totally understandable!! I never really liked poodles much myself and still don’t really like minis and toys much but the standards are awesome. :love quite athletic too. But definitely a lot of work to groom. Although honestly I really feel like it might be less work than brushing a long haired dog :lau

And :lau I prefer dogs to people too :p

Bailey sounds amazing!! We used to have a Lab named Bailey and he was an incredible dog. Maybe there’s something about that name. :p

I seriously do think I need a Golden. They’re incredible dogs. :love

I am sure if I researched I could find a breeder that has less health issues or hopefully anyway ha

Cosmo is so adorable. :love

Meet Biscuits. His winter coat came off in a fleece, the birds loved it and there will be some very snuggly nests this autumn.
20190626_082759.jpg

He's supposed to be the poultrys guard dog but he made he likes to "guard" the kids and I more :confused:. Not sleeping again?
I'd love to have a Great Pyrenees, but the wife has already said no. :( When we have more property it'll be a different story. No giant dogs for now though. We will be watching a Bernese Mountain dog in about a month. I'm pretty excited about her coming to stay with us.

Yeah, sleep and I have a rocky relationship. I woke up around midnight and was wide awake.

Back
Top Bottom