I was gonna say, standard poodles are awesome! And they're the second smartest dog breed too, right behind border collies. A standard poodle is what I'll get for my next dog. I already have a breeder picked out.

I don't have a dog at the moment, but I get my dog fix with my brother's six month old great dane puppy. I say puppy because he's a puppy, but he's already 90 pounds.

They really are!! And they’re quite athletic! Bred as retrievers originally. :D definitely not frou-frou show dogs lol

I would love one eventually.

And that’s awesome!! Danes are great but so big lol I love big dogs but I bet they cost a ton to feed and stuff. :lau

I get my dog fix from my brother’s dogs too. :D

Morning all! I’m sitting in my barn watching the goats run and play... and poop all over the milk room. They’re jerks like that.

Chris - you have so many duck eggs!! That’s awesome. I’ve actually never eaten duck eggs so I’m not sure if I’ll like them. I’ve heard they’re great for baking though.

And I love the puppy picture!! I desperately want a livestock guardian, but I don’t have the slightest clue as to training. And I’m afraid the night time barking would bug the neighbors.

Today's adventure for me will be going to someone's house and catching a pekin drake, to go with the ladies I just took in. The woman has a flock of pekins but doesn't really know anything about ducks. She responded to my post looking for a drake saying she 'thinks' she has one, and after talking to her about voices and drake curls, it sounds like she does have one. So I'm going to go and catch it, I guess. Then my girls will have a boyfriend.

I'd love to have a Great Pyrenees, but the wife has already said no. :( When we have more property it'll be a different story. No giant dogs for now though. We will be watching a Bernese Mountain dog in about a month. I'm pretty excited about her coming to stay with us.

Yeah, sleep and I have a rocky relationship. I woke up around midnight and was wide awake.
My husband vetoed the great pyrenees idea too! haha. What a couple of buzzkills. Our goat farrier posted some new GP LGD puppies for sale in the area the other day. I just had to keep scrolling.

Chris - you have so many duck eggs!! That’s awesome. I’ve actually never eaten duck eggs so I’m not sure if I’ll like them. I’ve heard they’re great for baking though.
I've become quite the fan of eating them. I think they just taste like a richer chicken egg. Even though they are a decent size I still have been eating 3-4 per meal.

Morning all! I’m sitting in my barn watching the goats run and play... and poop all over the milk room. They’re jerks like that.

And I love the puppy picture!! I desperately want a livestock guardian, but I don’t have the slightest clue as to training. And I’m afraid the night time barking would bug the neighbors.
Trainings kind of easy because they think for themselves. You teach them territory to patrol and a safe word. Recall is zero but you can teach them to wait for you to catch up to them. People blame the GLDs for barking at night, but generally its the domestic dogs that create all the racket. You'd be suprised how many people keep them as an inside dog like your retriever.

Back
Top Bottom