Don't worry. She'd have to find 27 LGD of good quality first. Your safe for a little while. Although if their only job where to annoy you. I'd imagine training being really easy. :gig

I could get that done, TODAY, Chris. Don't even test me! I have the barking-at-nothing extraordinaire dog already in my house, so I know I could get him to train 27 LGDs - STAT!

:lau :gig :lau

OMG!!

Remind me never to get on your bad side! :p

LOL! It's hard to do unless you're an HOA, a jerk, or maybe the government.

You may have missed the story, but last year I lived in an HOA neighborhood which allowed chickens... until I got them and then the board members changed the rules so I had to get rid go them. So naturally I bought the 10 acres across the street just to move my chickens to - and then bought roosters!! Cock-a-doodle-doo, you trash canoes!!

Don't worry. She'd have to find 27 LGD of good quality first. Your safe for a little while. Although if their only job where to annoy you. I'd imagine training being really easy. :gig

:lau true! Plus she’d have to find a place for sale! Which there aren’t any currently. And definitely none that would fit 27 LGDs even if there were lol ours is the biggest lot around :lau

But true! She could just let them bark lol

Most larger farms (or heck, even smaller ones) have multiple livestock guardians. They work well in pairs, often one stays with the flock/herd while the other patrols/sleeps, etc. And especially if they're showing for confirmation, they've probably got several prospective dogs that they're watching to see who is going to go into the show ring.

For me, the most important thing is a healthy line. Breeding poorly bred dogs creates more poorly bred dogs. A livestock guardian that has hip dysplasia and has to be put down by the age of 5 isn't the best sire or dam for your future generations. I learned a bunch before I got Cosmo, my golden retriever, who, as a breed, are riddled with hip, elbow and eye issues... and frequently die of cancer.

And I'm 100% not an expert in any of this, but it's just what I've managed to fill my brain with while browsing/researching LGDs recently, lol.

That makes a lot of sense!! Teams probably work better.

And yeah that’s true!! Definitely agree. Just most working ones don’t, sadly. :(

And yeah the issues with Goldens are so sad :(

LOL! It's hard to do unless you're an HOA, a jerk, or maybe the government.

You may have missed the story, but last year I lived in an HOA neighborhood which allowed chickens... until I got them and then the board members changed the rules so I had to get rid go them. So naturally I bought the 10 acres across the street just to move my chickens to - and then bought roosters!! Cock-a-doodle-doo, you trash canoes!!

Thankfully I am none of those things! At least so don’t think so haha

And :lau :gig :lau OMG!!! Amazing!!

Also, there was a house on 5 acres right next to the head-HOA board member jerk lady. It went up for sale right as we started looking to purchase our property. It had a beautiful home on it, but they wanted like 600k for the place, and I didn't like it THAT much. But I swear to you, if we hadn't already put an escrow deposit on our property-to-be, I would've purchased that home. And my coop full of roosters would have been placed RIGHT next to her property line. Howdy, neighbor!

Also, there was a house on 5 acres right next to the head-HOA board member jerk lady. It went up for sale right as we started looking to purchase our property. It had a beautiful home on it, but they wanted like 600k for the place, and I didn't like it THAT much. But I swear to you, if we hadn't already put an escrow deposit on our property-to-be, I would've purchased that home. And my coop full of roosters would have been placed RIGHT next to her property line. Howdy, neighbor!

:lau

:lau true! Plus she’d have to find a place for sale! Which there aren’t any currently. And definitely none that would fit 27 LGDs even if there were lol ours is the biggest lot around :lau

But true! She could just let them bark lol

I will mail a letter to the owners of your neighbors today with an above asking-price offer. :gig Don't make me do it!!

Back
Top Bottom