Okay, @Duck_life this just happened...

He came up on my left side and slowly walked behind me. There are hens there which is fine, but he stopped right behind me. That's a no no. I stood up, walked up behind him calmly, and just stood where he was.

20200219_101958.jpg
20200219_102005.jpg

Last edited:
My pekins are still keeping to their own groups. I've got the two girls from the first lady and the drake and hen from the second person and they're just staying together and not meshing. Well, I bet the drake will decide he wants all the ladies soon enough, once hormones start flowing here, lol.

He better, or I won't be getting fertile eggs from two of my three girls. Though I really doubt that will happen, ducks being ducks.

Morning friends!!
Hadn't shared yet because I didn't want to jinx it, first time jitters, but I have 6 duck eggs in the incubator, Day 17, and it appears all 6 are developing into healthy little swimmers!!
Would be great for them to end up 50/50 m/f but who am I kidding, I won't get that lucky! Biggest pain has been trying to keep the humidity up and stable...I've been shooting for anywhere between 40 and 55 but this dry winter air in the house is not helping!
Plans are to eat the boys :oops: ...and keep the ladies!

Then in other waterfowl news... BB laid a second egg today, much bigger than the first! This one I would compare to an oblong baseball! 😂
Chance seems pleasantly confused about his duty as nest protector, could really care less, but Tom the drake has stepped up and decided he will be the protector of the ladies 😒 I'm not ready for hormonal drake season, but here it comes...

Back
Top Bottom