Does anyone else who breeds and sells birds get people just assuming you have certain birds for no reason, lol? I get it often and I don't know why. Last year I had someone ask me 'when' I would have Butterscotch Calls for sale. This was before I had the pair I bought a couple weeks ago, of course. Not if I had them, not even if I would have Calls in general for sale, just 'when will you have Butterscotch'. My answer basically was 'never, since I don't have any and never said I did...'.

Today I got a message on my farm page on FB from someone telling me they want Runners and they want day old 'chicks' (yes, chicks, not ducklings) and telling me they want to come pick them up and when will I have ducklings this spring? Again, I have literally never had Runners. So that was my answer to them, lol.

It's bizarre.

Does anyone else who breeds and sells birds get people just assuming you have certain birds for no reason, lol? I get it often and I don't know why. Last year I had someone ask me 'when' I would have Butterscotch Calls for sale. This was before I had the pair I bought a couple weeks ago, of course. Not if I had them, not even if I would have Calls in general for sale, just 'when will you have Butterscotch'. My answer basically was 'never, since I don't have any and never said I did...'.

Today I got a message on my farm page on FB from someone telling me they want Runners and they want day old 'chicks' (yes, chicks, not ducklings) and telling me they want to come pick them up and when will I have ducklings this spring? Again, I have literally never had Runners. So that was my answer to them, lol.

It's bizarre.
People do tend to assume things. You have one kind why wouldn't you have all kinds? For me they assume I have a hidden stash of extras out back. When I was selling excess pekin at christmas I had 2 females and 1 drake listed. One of the replys I got was 'I'll take 20 hens'. I didn't even have 20 birds

People do tend to assume things. You have one kind why wouldn't you have all kinds? For me they assume I have a hidden stash of extras out back. When I was selling excess pekin at christmas I had 2 females and 1 drake listed. One of the replys I got was 'I'll take 20 hens'. I didn't even have 20 birds

I've gotten that before too! It's so strange. I'm assuming people just don't read. Never once have a read an ad that says someone has, say, five hens for sale and thought 'I'll message them saying I'll take 20, surely they have 20 they're looking to sell even though they said 5'.

Although, I did once get a sale because someone was extra observant looking at one of my ads, and that was nice. It was an ad for a cockerel, but in the background of the picture, you could see my geese - which are a critically endangered breed and listed as such with the Livestock Conservancy. Turns out the guy had been looking for them and he nicely asked if I'd be having goslings for sale in the spring. So he ended up buying two.

But most of the time it goes the opposite way, lol.

I've gotten that before too! It's so strange. I'm assuming people just don't read. Never once have a read an ad that says someone has, say, five hens for sale and thought 'I'll message them saying I'll take 20, surely they have 20 they're looking to sell even though they said 5'.

Although, I did once get a sale because someone was extra observant looking at one of my ads, and that was nice. It was an ad for a cockerel, but in the background of the picture, you could see my geese - which are a critically endangered breed and listed as such with the Livestock Conservancy. Turns out the guy had been looking for them and he nicely asked if I'd be having goslings for sale in the spring. So he ended up buying two.

But most of the time it goes the opposite way, lol.
My personal "favourite" are the ones that try offer you half of your firm price, tell you they are on their way to collect and then get offended when you refuse to offer. I know they plan on taking the birds to the oriental auctions and selling them for twice what I'm asking so no way are they getting them for nothing.

Back
Top Bottom