he guys with Muscovy's they are good brooders I was told. I was thinking about getting a hen to incubate goose eggs . what do you think and were can you get just one girl . I am putting some eggs in the Bator soon but I had not had good luck in hatching geese eggs. my geese are already laying. I am setting up pens to separate breeds . I really don't want to hatch out my production geese eggs.

he guys with Muscovy's they are good brooders I was told. I was thinking about getting a hen to incubate goose eggs . what do you think and were can you get just one girl . I am putting some eggs in the Bator soon but I had not had good luck in hatching geese eggs. my geese are already laying. I am setting up pens to separate breeds . I really don't want to hatch out my production geese eggs.
Can you wait until your geese are setting and just switch out eggs...

as I recall geese are so even tempered they would gladly get off the nest to show you their eggs and let you change them..

Can you wait until your geese are setting and just switch out eggs...

as I recall geese are so even tempered they would gladly get off the nest to show you their eggs and let you change them..
ha not my geese I have to wait till they walk away and I can sneak in and grab them my American buff Mikey he wont let any body near his dog house he has 3 other males to back him up he has form the Mikey gang. yes I will let them settle after separating them then take a few for the Bator I want to control the amount that hatch. I want the Africans to breed the super ones. I have 1 gander and 2 geese and they are from Holderread . they are the ones I am interested in breeding.

I’d get 2 Muscovy females. They need family just like all other breeds. Try Craig’s list for females. Any farms in your area?
people here really don't like Muscovy . but I found a livestock auction that I am going to maybe there will be some there. I have 2 KC ducks girls Thelma and Louise would that be company enough. or I can get babies . I think having a the duck incubate the eggs is more reliable then the incubator .

I think you'd love ducklings as long as you want to brood. @Daphne_loves_mealworms who has 2 Muscovy and 1 Rouen and she says they are all best buds and understand each other fine. They do make wonderful brooders and mothers. My Muscovy have hatched Runners an Buffs out for me. And mama Muscovy had no problems communicating with her Mallard derived ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom