Hi there. Sorry been staying busy today. Working on redoing one of the quarantine pin in to a bantam breeding pin. Maybe start off with a Silkie boy and 2 d'Uccle girls.

The attack this morning was what I'm assuming was a coon. It got the Polish pullet and 2 Brahma (1m/1f). I found a few wings and various buddy parts. It was pretty sloppy.

I also had a Welsummer that was slated to sell die of what I am assuming is being cold. That's the bird that was randomly missing. I found her cold and stiff in the garage.

That's so sad! Stupid raccoons. Did the Welsummer escape from the coon and hide in the garage? How did she get there? I've had hens accidentally sleep outside at night, in the woods, during a cold and down pouring night, and be fine the next morning (dumb silkie) lol. So I wonder if it was something else, like a heart attack because of the coon?

That's so sad! Stupid raccoons. Did the Welsummer escape from the coon and hide in the garage? How did she get there? I've had hens accidentally sleep outside at night, in the woods, during a cold and down pouring night, and be fine the next morning (dumb silkie) lol. So I wonder if it was something else, like a heart attack because of the coon?
The bantam flock sleep in the garage. The Welsummer sisters refuse to live with the large fowl flock and I got tired of fighting them. So they sleep with the bantams too now. She was in there when I closed the door so I don't think it's related to the coon.

The juveniles that where attacked where in the parrot cage pin, outside. I don't think they made any noise either. None of the dogs triggered to any sounds.

So sorry trim!! Were any of them your favorites? No loss is easy, but if it was Mrs. Blue we would all be hurting with you
The Polish was pretty cool. She liked to be held, but she was still young. I wasn't planning on having Polish, so I was happy to have had a pullet. It wasn't any of the special girls though.

What service or company did you use for your testing?

It's called IQBirdTesting.com, based in Miami. I've used them 4-5 times now and they've always been accurate and super quick. Usually just 2-3 days turn around, which is nice. I only have so much room in my coop, so growing out a large batch of chicks isn't possible for me. This allows me to decide who to go ahead and find homes for the ones I don't plan on keeping.

I'm conflicted on whether I should keep the Barnevelder roo chick or not. I probably won't. I don't have room for a zillion roosters and I really would like an orpington roo at some point.

Like maybe a gold laced orpington rooster... cough cough hint cough... 😎 😂

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom