Arrr very good! How is everything over there? I'm seeing lots of friends sending kids back to school this week and next week

Which is a big mistake - the schools shouldn't be reopening. We don't have any kind of handle on the pandemic, unfortunately, and this is just going to make it worse.

Did you see about the girl in Georgia who was suspended because she shared a picture of what she was dealing with in school? Packed hallways, basically no kids wearing masks, and the school was just letting it happen? So she shared it - and then the school suspended her.

And then the principal got over the intercom and literally threatened all the rest of the students that if they said anything negative about the school, they would face 'consequences'.

So that's where we're at in this country, and now we're reopening schools. Hurray.

Last edited:
Which is a big mistake - the schools shouldn't be reopening. We don't have any kind of handle on the pandemic, unfortunately, and this is just going to make it worse.

Did you see about the girl in Georgia who was suspended because she shared a picture of what she was dealing with in school? Packed hallways, basically no kids wearing masks, and the school was just letting it happen? So she shared it - and then the school suspended her.

And then the principal got over the intercom and literally threatened all the rest of the students that if they said anything negative about the school, they would face 'consequences'.

So that's where we're at in this country, and now we're reopening schools. Hurray.
Yes it does seem like the countrys just addmitted defeat so lets just suck it up and go all in! How are you finding work? Customers behaving? Have you been screaming at them in streets to scare them off?

It is a tricky messy situation for sure.

Regardless of which side a person is conservative or liberal, most of us believe we being lied to by the government, and health care people.

And we are. I try not to bring my politics onto BYC, but I am in a unique position with the elections forth coming. I get information/propaganda daily from healthcare groups, university, education and research groups, all spouting their particular version of the truth.

They all have a one thing in common, they want more tax dollars spent on their cause. They really do not want change and they want my undying pledge of my full support to allocate more money to them. They usually have a questionnaire for me to return to them which they use to hang a carrot of their endorsement of me if I answer “correctly”.

Unfortunately, the statement, “it’s for the children” usually means it’s for some adults pocketbook. Many teachers do an exceptional job, however the public school system fails us all to often, and many times because of the parents apathy.

Kids are pawns in this “to open schools or not debate”. We have closed schools since March, to isolate and slow the spread of Covid. Yet, you drive through almost any neighborhood and you see kids playing with the kids next door. Remember their are kids on more than one side of the house.

In Minnesota, our shut down, was spotty at best, 79% of all workers still worked all or some of the time away from home. Exceptions were made for political reasons.

Nationwide, their has never been a faster transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the super rich, you know, the ones that buy politicians.

Now back to school opening, I thought this info was needed before talking about schools, we should be discussing schools and our education system in general.

Schools are in all too many cases babysitting services. graduation outcomes of 20% are far too common. The economics of the family, and the upcoming election is pushing politicians to open the schools, and the same politicians are using these facts to gain election favor.

Most families need two incomes to survive, and most cannot work from home.

If this was truly “for the children” we would have to take a hard look at the entire educational system. Homeschooled kids do 30% better, parochial and private schools 20% than public schools on outcomes and for a fraction of the money.

Also we have to remember, Billions upon billions of dollars are spent by the healthcare and insurance lobbyist to get the most tax dollars and laws favorable to them.

The media spends nearly as much, news “reporting” organizations are one of the 5 largest lobbyist groups their is. The news media loves Covid 19! It makes them relevant in a world where they were becoming less and less important.

Covid is like the hurricane or snowstorm that never develops, the media builds it up, lies or distorts the facts, so their share of the advertisers dollar goes up.

If you notice, they daily tell us the number of cases goes up, without mentioning, we are testing more people everyday than the day before, they never tell us the percentage of people that test positive just the raw number, which is worthless.

With all of this, is it surprising School reopening or not has become so divisive.

Masks or not, some virus will get through and be in the air of the schools. If my kids were school age, I would be homeschooling.

But even in our family, our kids are divided on the Send to school or keep them home debate. One of our kids is sending our grandkids to school, the other is homeschooling.

This would be so much easier to decide, if we just outlawed lobbyist money from reaching elected greedy politicians!!

Sorry for the long post..

the dux forced me into writing this..

Back
Top Bottom