Good Morning you all :hugs sorry i have been absent, We have had 2 yrs of catching up to do around here with my husband having open heart surgery in 2018 then heart attack in 2019 so that's alot of catching up. I hope to be back for good soon. Great to see everyone and thanks for thinking of me.

Good Morning you all :hugs sorry i have been absent, We have had 2 yrs of catching up to do around here with my husband having open heart surgery in 2018 then heart attack in 2019 so that's alot of catching up. I hope to be back for good soon. Great to see everyone and thanks for thinking of me.
:frow Good morning Patti, have a great day... It's so nice to see you.

@Trimurtisan , @Miss Lydia , @shawluvsbirds , @Tooshay89 , @WannaBeHillBilly you guys doing okay? Letting you all know @Claires Poultry checked in to let us know she's okay but she will still be offline for alittle while longer! (I tried to tag others but for what ever reason it wouldn't let me so tag those you can think of)
Doin fine! - Just very busy with my thirteen Fall Ducklings and with adding a run or a pen to the duck-house, using two left hands…

I am great! Just been distracted. Looking at maybe adopting some mallards. Of course just got my drake ratio fixed. 10 hens two drakes. So I need to be careful. Its two birds, supposedly one each, which I could handle. But two drakes would not be good.
You are so lucky! - Five ducks per drake!
I am down to 1.45 duck per drake and it is a terrible mess! :sick Even after the thirteen Fall Ducklings have matured there will be only 2.64 ducks per drake. :he
I have lost six birds to predators this year, only one drake…

The winter bird dumping of all the birds bought early in the pandemic has started.

I got a call from a coworker tonight that someone was at the store with a guinea in their car and trying to give it away to them.

So I told her to ask him if he'd drive it closer to me and I'd take it. He said yes, so we met up.

The full story ended up being that someone had dumped three juvenile guineas at the church where he went. He'd had guineas when he lived elsewhere but couldn't keep any where he lived now, right near the hospital in the city.

Of the three guineas, one was taken by a hawk. The other was killed by a cat. This last one he just managed to catch tonight, and then he drove to the feed store to try to at least get some food for it.

The rest from there is him talking to my coworkers and it making its way to me.

The poor thing is very skinny. I have it with some water right now to get it hydrated, and then I will be giving it food. If he hadn't caught the poor thing, I'm sure it would have starved to death soon.
Dumping your animals is just terrible! - I have just started visiting the local parks that have ponds, looking out for dumped waterfowl. So far nothing - fortunately!

You are so lucky! - Five ducks per drake!
I am down to 1.45 duck per drake and it is a terrible mess! :sick Even after the thirteen Fall Ducklings have matured there will be only 2.64 ducks per drake. :he
I have lost six birds to predators this year, only one drake…
The coyotes here just like hens. I am still mourning Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Back
Top Bottom