Did you know a western Aussies accent is different to the east? Then deep inland and north is different again (thats the one they poke fun at in tv shows etc) I guess like your great land where each state has an accent, we do too.
Talking about accents and slang here in the U.S. :lau : After moving from Germany (where i was taught the King's English!) to Houston i was asking myself over and over who the heck is "Sue Morrow" and why are people always telling me that name? - Well "See you tomorrow" in Texas slang…
But even U.S. citizens are experiencing this issue: Got a call from my friend Gabe who was born and raised in Boston, MA and was assigned to a project in New Orleans, LA… »Frank i need you here as a translator tomorrow! Apparently the folks here don't speak English…«
And moving from Texas to West Virginia after being in Texas for a little over 10 years is now making me say "I beg your pardon?" a lot…

Did you know a western Aussies accent is different to the east? Then deep inland and north is different again (thats the one they poke fun at in tv shows etc) I guess like your great land where each state has an accent, we do too.
Except for northerners who speak perfect English with no accent.

Talking about accents and slang here in the U.S. :lau : After moving from Germany (where i was taught the King's English!) to Houston i was asking myself over and over who the heck is "Sue Morrow" and why are people always telling me that name? - Well "See you tomorrow" in Texas slang…
But even U.S. citizens are experiencing this issue: Got a call from my friend Gabe who was born and raised in Boston, MA and was assigned to a project in New Orleans, LA… »Frank i need you here as a translator tomorrow! Apparently the folks here don't speak English…«
And moving from Texas to West Virginia after being in Texas for a little over 10 years is now making me say "I beg your pardon?" a lot…

Up here it’s spoken as “cya t’morror”

We just say “pardon?”

From Missouri south they speak some weird language they claim is English, but it’s not.

I am friends with a little 80 year old lady I met at work who is from Germany. I used to have a hard time understanding her. I've listened to her enough now, I love to listen to her talk and tell stories. She is hilarious.

Your voice reminds me of hers!
"Jeeezus christ...brooody ducks!"

I laugh just thinking of that video. 😂

I'm not even sure we say see you tomorrow... probably because a common reply to such things as see you later or tomorrow is "not if I see you first!" We are quite a rude bunch really

Back
Top Bottom