I'm looking for something to release in the wild. I would feed and water them but not coop them. I wouldn't expect they could feed themselves but would want them to free range 24/7
If you are going to feed them I would grab any heritage breed. Turkeys prefer to be outdoors and once they are grown not many predators will get them unless they are nesting.

I would suggest you get lates. They are, in my humble opinion, the ones hardest for predators to see. They are a larger bird for a heritage bird.

If allowed to breed on their own you will have slates, blue slates and blacks. They can become like feathered dogs, they will greet you but not be overly attached unless you baby them.

24 weeks to me is a tad young for butchering. I usually wait until 9 months to a year and a half.

They will sit in the top of your trees at night.

Drive north and I can get you a ready made flock. Mine are so crossbred I have lots of different color combinations.

If you are going to feed them I would grab any heritage breed. Turkeys prefer to be outdoors and once they are grown not many predators will get them unless they are nesting.

I would suggest you get lates. They are, in my humble opinion, the ones hardest for predators to see. They are a larger bird for a heritage bird.

If allowed to breed on their own you will have slates, blue slates and blacks. They can become like feathered dogs, they will greet you but not be overly attached unless you baby them.

24 weeks to me is a tad young for butchering. I usually wait until 9 months to a year and a half.

They will sit in the top of your trees at night.

Drive north and I can get you a ready made flock. Mine are so crossbred I have lots of different color combinations.
Lates?

Back
Top Bottom