:frow Good morning IM, have a great day... How are the eggs doing?
Good morning Bob. I dunno. No external pips and
I’m kinda worried about this one. The air cell has drawn down on one whole side and no external pips yet.
50B99595-E68C-4BFF-8F40-07C2ACD84D56.jpeg

Good morning Bob. I dunno. No external pips and
I’m kinda worried about this one. The air cell has drawn down on one whole side and no external pips yet.
View attachment 2427003
Have you opened a peep hole in them?

I would open a hole on the air sac end. Make sure they are not heat wrap shrinking. They will be white and not transparent.

If they are transparent you should see signs of life (if you consider a dux a living creature).

If you see white and cannot see blood vessels and other living tissue, make the hole large enough to insert a q-tip.

Grease up a q-tip with Vaseline or baby oil and gently insert the q-tip and moisten the membrane.

Remember, things are going bad for the little anti-American dux at this point and your in desperation mode and really want these things to hatch (heaven knows why).

If there is a sign of life keep them in the incubator. You will need to check them a couple times a day to make sure they don’t dry out.

With civilized birds I have taken the shells right down to the point the membrane connects to the shell. Not as a first option, but to help moisten them and observe them.

Do not help them out, until they attempt to get out on their own, unless they are breach. Then it’s up to you what to do, help them or not.

please understand you are most likely going to have weak young terrorists on your hands. But at least you give them a chance to grow up and change their mind evil ways.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom