did anyone else know about this hidden gem? First click on 3 dots (circled) then comes up with option to insert gif (circled) photos saved to your account, news etc.
20210518_154903.png
Screenshot_20210518-154753.png

hey @Pyxis any chance you know how I could make a mille fleur wyandotte?

They already exist, if you can find them.

Otherwise, you need the Columbian gene, which you can get from Columbian wyandottes, of course. I would use buff Columbian because you also need the buff background, which buff Columbian will give you.

Then, you need mottled. So you will cross in another breed that is mottled. Then breed the resulting offspring together.

And then what is ahead of you is years of breeding back for Wyandotte type, selecting for the best Mille Fleur coloration, etc.

You can look at the Mille Fleur cochin threads here on BYC to get an idea of the scale of project.

And if you can't find Buff Columbian, then you need to use Columbian, breed to something mottled AND ALSO breed to something else to get the buff/red background. You can get that from something Wheaten, Partridge, or Duckwing. The silver gene (which would come from the Columbian Wyandottes) is sex-linked though so that may cause you some annoyance when trying to get rid of it.

They already exist, if you can find them.

Otherwise, you need the Columbian gene, which you can get from Columbian wyandottes, of course. I would use buff Columbian because you also need the buff background, which buff Columbian will give you.

Then, you need mottled. So you will cross in another breed that is mottled. Then breed the resulting offspring together.

And then what is ahead of you is years of breeding back for Wyandotte type, selecting for the best Mille Fleur coloration, etc.

You can look at the Mille Fleur cochin threads here on BYC to get an idea of the scale of project.

And if you can't find Buff Columbian, then you need to use Columbian, breed to something mottled AND ALSO breed to something else to get the buff/red background. You can get that from something Wheaten, Partridge, or Duckwing. The silver gene (which would come from the Columbian Wyandottes) is sex-linked though so that may cause you some annoyance when trying to get rid of it.
Yes I jist learnt today they exist! But they seem like something you would have to breed yourself here as most breeders seem to focus on the silver types. I will definitely look that thread up thank you. See if I have the patience

Back
Top Bottom