Hi Trim, my name is Shannon. I was thumbing through BYC today and saw your post. I totally understand how you fell in love with ducks as I have also.
I have gotten a baby duckling from a neighbor who got a pair of them for her 2 year old for Easter. She invited me over to see something and that is when she showed me 2 tiny babies. Several days later I saw her and one of the ducking and inquired where the other was. She said that her new puppy killed it. I ended up getting involved because the family saw my interest in it, and basically left it with me for days. I wish I could find someone like you near me that wants to care for Ducklings. I’m sure my little duck would benefit from being around others. It is so human friendly that I worry. It is about 6 weeks old now and really sweet.
I’m sorry to hear about your convalescence and hope you are recovering now.

@Shadee WELCOME TO BYC
Are you wanting to keep the little one? if so TSC may still have ducklings for sale.
If not tell us what state your in and we can hook you up with that state forum and hopefully someone close by would love to have the duckling.
Bless you for taking it in.

@Shadee WELCOME TO BYC
Are you wanting to keep the little one? if so TSC may still have ducklings for sale.
If not tell us what state your in and we can hook you up with that state forum and hopefully someone close by would love to have the duckling.
@Shadee WELCOME TO BYC
Hi Miss Lydia,
I really love to keep Foie, I looked into getting an additional duck right away, but as they are only sold in pairs in my area of California, I decided against the idea because I was not prepared to keep as many ducks.
I would really love to find someone like myself who is loving to this Little duck. I have been his sole companion for the
@Shadee WELCOME TO BYC

Hi Miss Lydia,
I really love to keep Foie, I looked into getting an additional duck right away, but as they are only sold in pairs in my area of California, I decided against the idea because I was not prepared to keep as many ducks.
I would really love to find someone like myself who is loving to this Little duck. I have been his sole companion for the

I was replying and somehow sent prematurely. As I was saying, I have been the sole companion for this duvkling for
Hi Miss Lydia,
As I was saying, I really care for him, but my situation is not one that I think will work for the long haul. My duckling needs socializing with other Duck or even chickens. I have tried to the best by him, and now I’m afraid as of today he is getting an Angel wing. I would, with a heavy heart like to re-home him to the right situation. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• 50A9FDCA-F52D-42EC-92F8-DD4407593034.jpeg
    50A9FDCA-F52D-42EC-92F8-DD4407593034.jpeg
    389.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom