They calf ended up on one of my neighbors properties. He was looking for his mother. The neighbor called the sheriff to come get him. The sheriff is random ing him back to me. I should definitely pay something for having him rescued and cared for. I would think $100 for picking him up and $50 A week for feeding him, though there is quite a profit in there. So $200 for him would have been fine, but $300 is just pure ransom. I think ill name him Red Chief.

Fox attack last night. I won't show you the gore, but I will show you the adorable hero who insured only one life was lost. 2 injuries, one only the tips of his comb gone, but the other 5 unscathed. The pen is litterally 10m from my bedroom and the only noise I heard was Chicken (the basset) sounding like a wild animal ready to tear something limb from limb. She returned to me this morning filthy as anything.View attachment 3157676she is now taking her gaurd duty very seriously while I work out a safer place for the survivors. This was my quarrantine pen for sale, as we had MG earlier this year. As it seems to be the ducks targeted, I may put the 2 survivors up high and safe in a dog box between the working dogs.
What a good dog. 🥰

They calf ended up on one of my neighbors properties. He was looking for his mother. The neighbor called the sheriff to come get him. The sheriff is random ing him back to me. I should definitely pay something for having him rescued and cared for. I would think $100 for picking him up and $50 A week for feeding him, though there is quite a profit in there. So $200 for him would have been fine, but $300 is just pure ransom. I think ill name him Red Chief.
Neighbours don't sound very friendly there. Is delivery included in the $300?

Took some photographic evidence for the insurance company today that pelicans indeed do sit on the road. This may seem odd, but knowing so many people they have refused to cover because "kangaroos do not hit the sides of cars, only the front", I thought its worth having in the archives incase I or anyone else do ever hit one of these beauties.
20220623_110017.jpg
20220623_110018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom