Well here we are at the beginning of another weekend. Sure hope everyone has a great day today and a fun weekend.
We still have our Wyandotte in side but finally, that bumble is healing nicely. Maybe by Monday she can go back with the flock. Although if I had to have a house chicken she'd be my pick. she also likes to lay her egg in my weenie dogs bed
5DE6C244-593C-423F-86E7-84A518E4B9EF.jpeg

Hey everyone! Flooding on coast is delaying our much anticipated holiday, but on the plus side, the ducks are loving all the rain thats fallen here, and the orpintons are beginning to lay. Soon I'll be drowning in eggs 😁
Good Morning y'all!

The weirdest reason for a flooded basement:

Like @Miss Lydia has said, we had some very, very bad thunderstorms coming through during this week. It usually starts here with a plume of moisture laden air moving from the gulf of Mexico northwards, causing what i call the »free sauna outside« condition where the air is saturated with water. Add a little more energy in the form of sunshine and 💥.
The only ways to survive this high humidity are a deep cave or a working air-conditioner which will remove most of the water from the air through condensation…
Our HVAC unit is installed in the basement of the house, below the septic system and therefore uses a little pump to lift the condensation-water up into the sewage-pipe.
You can see that little pump at the bottom of the picture:
20220707_230854.jpg

Long story short, due to the extreme humidity the AC produced buckets full of water overwhelming that little pump, flooding and damaging our basement…
Luckily(?) we have an insurance policy, hopefully they will help us out.

Back
Top Bottom