Turns out, it was the Ice-Blink! - Woke up this morning to an unusual amount of light and there was snow and ice all over the place:
full
The ducks decided to come out and gobble up their cat-food breakfast and then walk right back into the house and keep their feet warm.
full
The door - at the right of the duck-run - is wide open, but not a single duck is outside. Only the Cardinals and Bluejays are picking up the cracked corn.
That's not snow! THIS is snow (barely), from the 19th of April last year. Almost sent me into a catatonic state to get a dump like this so late!

20220419_095140.jpg

Your ducks are wusses. :p

Also, be glad the pics of my car getting completely covered in the space of three hours are on my laptop. ;)

That's not snow! THIS is snow (barely), from the 19th of April last year. Almost sent me into a catatonic state to get a dump like this so late!

View attachment 3392468

Your ducks are wusses. :p

Also, be glad the pics of my car getting completely covered in the space of three hours are on my laptop. ;)
Well, the wusses have decided otherwise, ran up to their pond, broke through the thin ice and are now having a fun time bobbing around in that freezing cold water…
🥶

Arctic blast moving in tonight, for the next couple of days. Wind chills of -49F. And the most ridiculous thing is it's going above freezing on Sunday!

I managed to round up as many of the ducks as I could, the stubborn ones under my trailer will have to tough it out. Put down some fresh, deep wood chips for the ducks and chickens.

I'm worried about the rabbits though...

I don't see how anything can live through that. I sure hope ya'll will be okay.

Good Evening.
when it rains no internet :he
I dug out some travel cages, and am trying to get them to thaw enough to put some of the rabbits in. They won't be able to move much, but that's better than freezing.
The others have their cages blocked off from the wind as much as possible, I even piled snow around some of them to act as insulation.

I figured your internet was acting up, you're usually on before now. <3

Back
Top Bottom