Happy Monday 2 to everybody
belayed if you already on Monday 3…
What a crazy day yesterday: Drove to town and delivered 180 duck eggs to the Chinese Supermarket and spent the earned money (and more) on Layer Pellets, Cracked Corn and BOSS. Last one was "on sale", just $24 for the 40lbs bag. - But Blanca, Pinball and Violeta Duck were so happy yesterday evening!
Now there's a new shortage: Nobody seems to have crushed Oyster shells anymore. - Not the homeopatic 1lbs bags (my ducks would die laughing) but the 50lbs bags are sold out! - Everywhere! - I keep the ladies going with Calcium-Rice and crushed egg shells, but i've had the first soft eggs today.

Today i panicked! - I have my seed potatoes sitting on the countertop for more than a week, keeping them warm and damp and - no sign of life so far! I really hope my Peruvian Purples have not turned into duds over the winter. They look good and not dried out, but…
So i rushed to town and bought 3lbs of Yukon Gold and 3lbs of Redskins. Better safe than sorry. I can always rip the grass of a slice of pasture, place the potatoes on the ground and cover them with a foot of compost. And run some duck-wire around to keep the wabbits out.
And i finished the chicken-wire around the berry garden today - sorry no pictures, by the time i was done, it was almost dark, the ducks demanded their supper and the Mallards demanded their cracked corn and i need new eardrums…

My friend, you seem to forget that Ontario is MUCH bigger than that, lol! I am nowhere NEAR Lake Superior, and even Lake Ontario is several hours away.

This area is called the Lanark Highlands for a reason. ;)

I've driven through WV (also Virginia, the Carolinas, NY, PA, etc) on my way down to Florida several times. It is a gorgeous area to be sure and I honestly wouldn't mind moving there. Do you have a few acres to rent out to me? ;)
I have been to Sudbury some years ago for a project, the area looked very similar to me as West Virginia, but all the valleys were filled with water, so the hills looked much less tall than what we have here. The Lanard Highlands look quite similar. Blanca Duck wants to move to there, she says there are larger and more ponds in that area than here - Poor girl has no idea that she would freeze solid within seconds during a brutal Canadian Winter…

The acres wouldn't be a problem, i have 40 of those, but there are only two flat areas, one around my house, the other one at the barn, which is a swampy mess due to damaged drainage bitches…

Good morning. Woke up to the devastation of losing the last two kits from the one littler. I had moved them in with another doe, since they were so small and thin but they didn't make it through the night. I think their Momma just didn't know what to do (first time mother). So I will re-breed her in a few weeks and give her a second chance.
Sad to hear that! - It just might not be the right time of the year for little wabbits… 😢

Back
Top Bottom