I have been to Sudbury some years ago for a project, the area looked very similar to me as West Virginia, but all the valleys were filled with water, so the hills looked much less tall than what we have here. The Lanard Highlands look quite similar. Blanca Duck wants to move to there, she says there are larger and more ponds in that area than here - Poor girl has no idea that she would freeze solid within seconds during a brutal Canadian Winter…
Sudbury isn't that far from here, yes. We have TONS of lakes and rivers here, and swamps. In the Spring, you need to watch out for the turtles crossing the road! I'll sometimes stop and usher some of them across, to make sure they don't end up squooshed.

And yes, Blanca would turn white from the cold! :lau

The acres wouldn't be a problem, i have 40 of those, but there are only two flat areas, one around my house, the other one at the barn, which is a swampy mess due to damaged drainage bitches…

Yes, that draining certainly is a b***c! LOL! Sorry, I shouldn't make fun of typos but that one was just too funny!

I am not averse to digging myself a hobbit hole type of home, btw.

Sad to hear that! - It just might not be the right time of the year for little wabbits… 😢
They were inside, since it was still a bit too nippy out there. I think it's just a case of inexperience, honestly. This was her first little. I'll give her a few weeks, then get her bred again. I was hoping to have kits to sell at a local livestock show at the start of May.

Now I still have 8 left, from two other does, but two of the kits were fathered by my favourite buck who died from pneumonia (from aspirating water). The remaining six are also gorgeous, with very interesting colours. I took the opportunity to map out the two parents' genetics:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rabbit-genetics-i-think-i-got-it.1569781/

The doe is my baby, even though she isn't very social. Actually, she's mine and my boyfriend's. I refer to her as our daughter, so I don't know if it would be ethical to sell my grand-children, lol!

Happy Monday 3 to Everybody!

After a great start into spring yesterday, Spring has sent us a warning why Spring is called »Spring«: The weather just sprang from sunny, blue sky and 25° (77F) to rainy, gray blanket and 8° (47F)…
The roller coaster way of spring. It can be a wild ride.

Back
Top Bottom