Been there done that. I know a lot of people here don't feel comfortable about it, but sometimes you need to do what you need to do.
I can't do it but I have a friend that can. I kept him when I got rid of his brother because I didn't think he could fertilize. I had his mother and grandmother and I didn't have this until I introduced them. Since then every batch has one of these failure to thrive ducklings. Funny, the vet tech took his penis home as a conversation piece. He's had a tough life before he even lost his penis.

20220222_152203.jpg

Note to my self: »Shut the 🦆 up in the future! Now that poor drake's blood is on my hands.« 😭
He's had such a hard life. He was attacked by dogs and they laid him open to his spine which made me want to vomit. From the back of his head all the way down. The vet stiched him up but said she didn't know if he would live. So left him with the broken wing. He got all better and then had prolapse penis. I tried to put it back but it was cold already. So back to the vet to have it removed.

He's had such a hard life. He was attacked by dogs and they laid him open to his spine which made me want to vomit. From the back of his head all the way down. The vet stiched him up but said she didn't know if he would live. So left him with the broken wing. He got all better and then had prolapse penis. I tried to put it back but it was cold already. So back to the vet to have it removed.
🖐🏻So imho he deserves to live out his life. 🤞🏻 Tough boy!

Back
Top Bottom