Well, Junior is not particularly happy to be handled but it can be done - simply because she's not able to run away so efficiently. And she doesn't panic when held.

So yes, other things permitting, there could be a day session also. But I'm happy to report that over the night she mostly eats up the food we place in the crate. First all the peas, then most of the corn, after that barley, and the crumble she takes the last and usually leaves about half of it. Peas being best loved and entirely eaten up is great.

Yeah we can buy cracked corn. We can also just crack corn because we have about 100 kilos sitting around :) But it seems that our ducks have no problem eating whole kernels, including Junior; whether dry or soaked.

We have received inactivated yeast (normally intended for bees as a pollen substitute because of protein content). I have yet to figure out what the best way of serving that would be.
Seems there is a difference between European and American Ducks - or maybe the corn is different? The stuff that is sold here does not say "poultry" or similar, it is supposed to be used for pigs, cattle and deer.

Well, Junior is not particularly happy to be handled but it can be done - simply because she's not able to run away so efficiently. And she doesn't panic when held.

So yes, other things permitting, there could be a day session also. But I'm happy to report that over the night she mostly eats up the food we place in the crate. First all the peas, then most of the corn, after that barley, and the crumble she takes the last and usually leaves about half of it. Peas being best loved and entirely eaten up is great.

Yeah we can buy cracked corn. We can also just crack corn because we have about 100 kilos sitting around :) But it seems that our ducks have no problem eating whole kernels, including Junior; whether dry or soaked.

We have received inactivated yeast (normally intended for bees as a pollen substitute because of protein content). I have yet to figure out what the best way of serving that would be.
The more you held her and the more she understands that being held means yummy food the more she will like to be held in the future. It might go so far that she will attempt to leap into your lap in the future.

Greetings! Another hot and muggy day. Weekend supposed to be cooler, and early next week downright unseasonably so.

Have some baby bunnies:

View attachment 3526567

Yes, the cage needs to be cleaned. I just took out the nesting box.
Looks like wabbits produce fertilizer too! 🤣

Back
Top Bottom