That is so precious Pyxis. is this the norm for Turkey's the dads being so attentive?
I was wondering the same thing. I know in the wild a Mallard Drake can help a Hen with the babies as our bus drivers saw that this spring when they were all crossing the road, Hen in the front, babies in the middle and Drake at the end. When two got hit by a car Drake kept flying circling them trying to get them to get up. I was amazed to see that. I have seen a Mallard Hen alone with her ducklings so this is not always the case. I was amazed to see that Tom Turkey be so attentive to those baby turkeys.

Rex is being such a good dad to Petrie's adopted poults. He will actually let them all get underneath him and will poult sit while Petrie takes a little break. He is so careful of them, too.

Do you see the poult butt under his wing?

View attachment 3536201

In this picture, he has ALL the poults under him, and Petrie is off doing some foraging.

View attachment 3536202
Such a good Daddy!!!! Do all Toms act this way or is yours the special one? They sure are beautiful!!!

It's a beautiful Sat here in the upper 60's so far.

Enjoy your day everyone.
It's hot here already and still no rain until tomorrow. Got all of my sand moved yesterday and now I have to put more wood shavings in and water and feed. I am thinking about letting my Runner Ducks in with the other gals now that I have all of the drakes separated. They seem so happy to be just by themselves but I could use their pen for my one bad drake that is now where the hens like to lay in another pen by himself. At least he could see the Mafia boys and they would not be able to beat him up. lol Those little buggers are so rotten.

Rex is being such a good dad to Petrie's adopted poults. He will actually let them all get underneath him and will poult sit while Petrie takes a little break. He is so careful of them, too.

Do you see the poult butt under his wing?

View attachment 3536201

In this picture, he has ALL the poults under him, and Petrie is off doing some foraging.

View attachment 3536202
Good Grief! - What a difference in size between a Turkey and a Chicken!
I knew that Turkeys are large birds but i wasn't aware that theyare that huge.
Somehow the wild Turkeys here look smaller. You sure this is not a Turmu or an Emkey? :lau

It's only Saturday? That's most welcome. Lost track of time. Going to sleep every 3 hours because of strange weather (lots of humidity, pressure fluctuation). Have a great day everybody :)
You may feel the change in the weather. Some bad weather is approching from the southwest… I wonder why i have not yet developed Migraines? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom