I laughed out loud when i read this, but then i remembered my time with Blanca Duck this winter:
Every evening after her physical-therapy in the bathtub we sat down together in front of my computer and watched a duck-video and she recognized her sisters Pompom and Pinball Duck in the videos. She got all excited about little ducklings running around in the house and looked under the table if the ducklings are still there.
Who knows what Trudy has seen and to whom she talked…
They really are smart little ones. I just got my two little Call Ducks from Metzer this morning in the mail and they found their food right away and I showed them the water. They didn't mess around when it came to eating and drinking. They are so tiny, the size of bantam chicks but so smart.

I misjudged how cold it was today when i stepped outside to do some garden-work and got really cold. So after two hours, when i got back inside i was shivering and decided to take a nap on my electric blanket - and fell asleep…
About an hour later Sunny Sunshine walked into my bedroom and started to nibble on my hand to wake me up, then led me to the kitchen, telling me that everybody is sooou hungry!
She quacked in front of the fridge, she knows that i keep the cabbage head in there and she loves shredded cabbage!
She watched and commented every step of making the supper-bowl and when i was ready, she ran out to announce »dinner's ready«.
Everyduck came running to the patio!

I misjudged how cold it was today when i stepped outside to do some garden-work and got really cold. So after two hours, when i got back inside i was shivering and decided to take a nap on my electric blanket - and fell asleep…
About an hour later Sunny Sunshine walked into my bedroom and started to nibble on my hand to wake me up, then led me to the kitchen, telling me that everybody is sooou hungry!
She quacked in front of the fridge, she knows that i keep the cabbage head in there and she loves shredded cabbage!
She watched and commented every step of making the supper-bowl and when i was ready, she ran out to announce »dinner's ready«.
Everyduck came running to the patio!
How did Sunny Sunshine get in the house Frank? Is she a house duck? I was just curious why if she got in the others did not come in too. They sure are smart little birds.

How did Sunny Sunshine get in the house Frank? Is she a house duck? I was just curious why if she got in the others did not come in too. They sure are smart little birds.
Sunny grew up last year as part of the infamous Incubator Gang inside of my house, so she is still very familiar with the house and where everything is located.
I have closed off my patio with shower-curtains for the winter to over-winter my pepper-plants an if it gets warmer in spring, i am forced to leave one or both patio-doors open to prevent overheating.
Sunny Sunshine, Harry Duckhini and Chaos take advantage and hang out on the patio quite often. - Remember, they were helping me with sifting my potting soil.
Most of the other ducks grew up on the patio, for example the 2022 ducklings:
But they would never dare to jump up the stairs now that they are grown up. No idea why. They all come to when i am outside, doing stuff.

Sunny grew up last year as part of the infamous Incubator Gang inside of my house, so she is still very familiar with the house and where everything is located.
I have closed off my patio with shower-curtains for the winter to over-winter my pepper-plants an if it gets warmer in spring, i am forced to leave one or both patio-doors open to prevent overheating.
Sunny Sunshine, Harry Duckhini and Chaos take advantage and hang out on the patio quite often. - Remember, they were helping me with sifting my potting soil.
Most of the other ducks grew up on the patio, for example the 2022 ducklings:
But they would never dare to jump up the stairs now that they are grown up. No idea why. They all come to when i am outside, doing stuff.
They think of you are part of their flock Frank and love you. It's no wonder they think your house is their house, lol.

Omg. I went to TSC. Bad idea. Bought 4 guineas. I know nothing about guineas. The TSC person said I could feed them duck starter. Anybody have guineas advice?
Go to the nearest pharmacy and buy some earplugs! Guineas are loud! You need to raise the keets in their coop and don't let them loose before they are at least four months old or they will fly away. They need to be trained that their coop is their home and that they need to spend the nights in there.

Back
Top Bottom