Don't wait any longer, otherwise you will only see a dark mass in the eggs. There should be a grid of blood-vessels present in the eggs. Maybe you will be able to see beating hearts.
For sure you have a point, the eggs are already quite "crowded" but I can see the veins very well and they are going vertically as they should (not floating in a horizontal circle). The air sacs are quite small to my newbie eye. I think they are doing well.

Can't take a photo because I'm using the mobile's light. And a sawn-off medicine bottle. Painted over with beehive paint.

If they are OK now, it's not very likely they would suddenly die before I open the incubator anyway at hatchday-minus-two, correct? I don't have to look again? I would prefer to just let them be since progress seems good.

Sorry, you may have a late quitter or two. This is normal. Just nature. I would candle at least every 3 days or so. You don't want a dead egg to burst in your incubator and make a mess as well as poisoning your live eggs. 100% hatch is rare. I've had one or two but its more likely you will lose some. Candelng doesn't hurt them. When I started out hatching I candled every day cause I couldn't hep myself.

For sure you have a point, the eggs are already quite "crowded" but I can see the veins very well and they are going vertically as they should (not floating in a horizontal circle). The air sacs are quite small to my newbie eye. I think they are doing well.

Can't take a photo because I'm using the mobile's light. And a sawn-off medicine bottle. Painted over with beehive paint.

If they are OK now, it's not very likely they would suddenly die before I open the incubator anyway at hatchday-minus-two, correct? I don't have to look again? I would prefer to just let them be since progress seems good.
After being interrupted by a visit I was now able to complete the inspection. Of the 12 eggs, 11 look good and one has no visible veins, just shades of yellow, so I guess that one was not fertilized or somehow did not start to develop.

Back
Top Bottom