I got something exciting
20240422_073639.jpg

Please recommend incubators that ship fast (amazon is best , I have prime) and are good for goose eggs, and not too expensive I hope?
I really am concerned about Trudy starving herself and would like to finish her hatch inside and get her off nest
I have had an amazing experience so far with the MeeF incubator. And yes, it fits goose eggs, and won't break the bank.

Goose eggs are a problem. I had a friend 3d print me a goose egg turner for my nuture right. I really wouldn't skimp on a incubator. Hillbilly has good luck with a cheep one but I have not. If you get a nurture right, I will be glad to loan you my goose egg turner. I can mail it to you and you can mail it back when you are done.

For sure she did give them peas. It is a bit of extra cost but I'm happy to see her establish a good relationship with the ducks since I'm the only thoroughly plants-and-animals person in the family - I'll take what I can get.
What is the tiny amount of money in comparison to thankful and happy ducks? - Thankful and happy for the next 10 minutes before…
As to honeysuckle, the Lonicera family, yes, there are wild native ones all around but I believe it's not likely to find this particular species in the wild, at least not as far south as we both are.
We have an infestation of "wild" honeysuckle here, the species Lonicera japonica, the Japanese Honeysuckle and it has gotten really bad. It looks like a new plant is growing from even a tiny piece of a leaf…
That is probably the reason why the haskap plants are hard to come by here, only seeds are being sold from dubious sellers on certain rivers and bays…
When haskap first started being popular the fruit was small, with bitter notes, very low solids, basically survival food - not something you'd want to have a full bowl of. Nowadays there are some really good ones, look at the Boreal series (Beast, Beauty, Blizzard) and Strawberry sensation. A bowl full of those is very much welcome.
I will give it a try, if i can get my hands on some plants… 👍🏻
Be aware that although haskap is not invasive (sadly haha), many other honeysuckles are, I think in particular japanese honeysuckle - it thrives even in the shade (unlike autumn olive), it's very decorative, it smells heavenly and if you fall asleep next to it you'll wake up entangled, like with wisteria.
I know of an area, not far away from here where pets and people have gone missing and its covered in thick wisteria… 😉

Yes there is plenty of space .. however.. certain family members of high ranking have suggested we do not have too many big birds walking around... (I was told I can keep one)
About time to reduce the rank of these family members! 😉
You cannot have a single goose. You need at least seven…

View attachment 3808472

Little Trooper, anxiously awaiting the arrival of his sibling (who is zipping right now).
What is the little one calling you? Mom? Dad? - Or just Peep? 🤣

By sheer coincidence i have removed the dust from the CCI today. And collected the fourth black egg… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom