~The Sapphire Gem~ A Breed's Chat Thread

Pics
I spoke to "Mary" a previous owner at Hoovers and she said that the get the eggs from The Czech Republic. She also said that they are getting the Hybrid "NOT" parent stock.

She also indicated that she did not "know" what they are crossed with to produce the Hybrid.

I have also spoke to Roy at Leighvale Poultry <[email protected]>. He states that "
All Dominant programmes are hybrids. If you buy D107 parents you will have exactly same genetics as Hoovers, there's is D107."

Currently - Steven Hunter in Canada - https://www.precisionplymouthrocks.com/blue
will be attending the Ohio National Poultry Conventuion in November of this year. He said Roosters are $150.00 each.

So thats all I know at this point !

Rick

Thanks for info. I was curious as to how Hoover's Hatchery was able to offer these. I'm so glad they do because I really like my 3 SG.
I've went to the Czech Republic website several times and they offer some really nice hybrids plus have information about each one.

My Sapphire gem.. She lays a huge brown egg since she was 4 1/2 months old .
IMG_20180630_193227.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180630_193309.jpg
    IMG_20180630_193309.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 28
I am so jealous of everyone’s big eggs. Ours have been laying for a month and the eggs are so small. Our Cuckoo Marans just started laying and even their eggs are bigger.

Back
Top Bottom