There is something about a pig...pix

You know this is exactly why I am so glad I am a member here. I get alot of looks in the world about my little farm, I actually get alot of completely shocked looks when I tell them about my little passion and the funny thing is, my stories tend to have legs. Yesterday I was talking to someone who said oh my gosh I heard about you getting the pig and it's ride in your car and I couldn't stop laughing.
roll.png

ok so they find it amusing but they can't relate, you know? Here I can get great advice, I can't even come up with a good google on alot of the issues. So I want you all to know I am really greatful! Thanks for walking me through this. OK,..so where are you pig photos??? Where do your pigs sleep, their pens? Tell me about and show me your pigs!

Last edited:
These are my new piggies. They are very muddy. I don't think they were ever outside of a barn before they came here. So they are grazing like cows on the grass and rolling in the mud.
roll.png
Meet Pugsly and Cinnamon!
7660_new_boy.jpg
[/img]

7660_cinnamon.jpg
[/img]

I'll see if i can dig up some of my pigger pics later... i dont have any real recent ones though...
Its time for their spring baths and feet trimming..... that should be an interesting day... lots of treats and pig wrestling.... we'll see who exactly comes out the winner on that day.....
tongue.png
I'm sure i'll have a few battle scars...
roll.png

Cute pigs Skyesrocket!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Thanks, Redhen! Cinnamon, the little girl is red...or chocolate. It's the first one I have seen that color. When her coat is clean and she is in the sun her hair is orangatang orange!
Good Luck on the feet trimming. Ugh.
roll.png

Pugsly and Cinnamon, way toooo cute!!! I can't believe she is chocolate colors,..you so have to take a pic I would love to see her in all her glory. Now where are you housing them? If outside any chance you could post a picture? I would love to get some ideas.

Tell Charlie and Jing Cha Hello!
My pigs are "free range". I'm on a dirt road with fields all around me. So I keep the front of the barn open and they come and go as they please. They have made a pig hole in the back pasture fence so they can come and go from there too.
roll.png
My one pig, Pip, loves my ancient blind mini horse and he hangs out in the pasture with him a lot.
They have a pen in the barn full of straw that they sleep in. That door is always open too. It's just a big pen made from privacy fence with a handmade door on it. We used the privacy fence to cut down on wind during the winter.
They are content to stay around here and sleep in the shade and graze. I do have to keep my garden fenced in though. They get the garden in the fall and they turn the dirt over really well. Mine don't root much during the year, maybe because they have a lot of other things to keep them occupied? But they do root up the garden come fall.

Oh my gosh Charlie and Jing Cha are too adorable!!!
Skyes I am just too jealous, we only have an acre and about a quarter and we are slowly trying to fence in so the goats and pigs have even more room to go. I feel bad for Wilbur and Nemo because they are accustomed to just gallavanting around all day and now they have to hang in the corral and covered run. I can't open the corral and let him go because we are on a main road, ahhh some day. We plan to build another small barn for the buck/wether and Wilbur in the next three months so for now he bunks with the chickens, he seems happy enough. The chix sleep up in the rafters with poop board below, the ducks have their cubby and Wilbur piles up hay in the corner and passes out , of course after harrassing the ducks sufficiently,...but I want him to have his own place so I am trying to work out a plan.

Back
Top Bottom